Subliminal Disses You Missed

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
LF aka Mr Funky Man........took offense to one of them using the name "Mr Funky"...and the song"funky child"....he shytted on them.

LOTUG dissed Das Efx on their first single....opening line was "here's how you do a real mic check" or some shyt.....redman was hit squad...but grew up with doo it all of lotug..so that caused problems.....lords and das were both from HBCUs in the Carolinas..so they probably competed in regional talent shows and shyt
He bodied them

And yeah, Redman was in a weird spot, but his affiliation with Das wasn't strong. By time Das came in the picture, the riff was already starting and Def Squad was separating itself from the Hit Squad.

I remember when Keith Murray had that freestyle with Smif N Wessun on the Mixtape and said he's gonna pull their dreads out their scalp. And it wasn't a bar lol. It was in the intro.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Rappers back then were just super sensitive (I guess they still are) about their names being said in raps. And there was always a weird relationship between the two camps, like I said, alot of mutual friends, but there was friendly comp. DV Alias Khrist said when Hustlin' dropped by Smoothe, everyone thought it was Billy Danz. They ain't really like that too much (MOP).

And nah, Broken Language 2 came out about 3 years later, it was suppose to be on Trigger the Gambler's album. Smoothe starts it off with:

"Here come the overdoers, Peace to Shane and Kane we ain't got beef, so don't ask, we just give props to old schoolers".

thanks..NEVER heard part 2...
Met Trigger and Smooth in Manhattan...TRUE brooklyn dudes....I spotted them coming back from lunch...walked over to show love...Smooth had already seen me coming and was grilling me. I said "nah, I'm from Jersey...we show love to our favorite rappers"

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Big Daddy Kane dissed Erick Sermon on Show N Prove

"I see the way you're trying to get to me,
but with with speech impedi-ment, man you gotta come better G
You're hitting all the wrong switches troop begin again
Mumble mouth rappers couldn't last a minute with
The non-resistible, non-competible
No, No I'm not sayin' I'm the best, I'm just sayin' I'm fukkin' incredible"

Apparently this started because Sermon had a sub in a song, and one of their mutual friends asked Erick if he was talking about Kane in the song and he said "Yeah". So BDK responded back

Thanks..this is new to me...I can honestly say that I never paid attention to BDK's verse...it was painful to see Kane get bodied on his own song by Shaheem AND Dirty.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Rappers back then were just super sensitive (I guess they still are) about their names being said in raps. .

I remember Kay Slay show when he was talking about how people gassed Busta to believe that Jay Z was shytting on him by saying

"..and no I'm not animated like Busta Rhymes/"

He actually said street dudes don't know what animated means....they think you're getting at Busta"

I'm sure there are some Busta subs. aimed at Jay Z because I remember him semi-shytting on the ROC in interviews back then

The street dudes don't know what animated means line reminds me of one of my favorite scenes/lines from the BEEF dvd......"people from the hood don't read articles"
Treach was talking about vibe magazine putting "east vs west" on the cover of the magazine. He said "oh, east vs west?...it's on when we see them .....the cover says east versus west.....the article might have said something else but people from the hood don't read articles"

I use that line all the time...especially since Trump got elected.....some white dude repeats some nonsense that Trump is lying about?."People from the trailer park, don't read articles!" "people from the barrio"It's aone size fits all line
hahahhahaah

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I remember Kay Slay show when he was talking about how people gassed Busta to believe that Jay Z was shytting on him by saying

"..and no I'm not animated like Busta Rhymes/"

He actually said street dudes don't know what animated means....they think you're getting at Busta"

I'm sure there are some Busta subs. aimed at Jay Z because I remember him semi-shytting on the ROC in interviews back then

The street dudes don't know what animated means line reminds me of one of my favorite scenes/lines from the BEEF dvd......"people from the hood don't read articles"
Treach was talking about vibe magazine putting "east vs west" on the cover of the magazine. He said "oh, east vs west?...it's on when we them people.....the cover says east versus west.....the article might have said something else but people from the hood don't read articles"

I use that line all the time...especially since Trump got elected.....some white dude repeats some nonsense that Trump is lying about?."People from the trailer park, don't read articles!" "people from the barrio"It's aone size fits all line
hahahhahaah

Why is this so true though? :dead:

Hood nikkas hear a 4 syllable word and they ready to fight like on 40 Year Old Virgin

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That song was recorded like a year, maybe a year and half before the video dropped. They had squashed the beef by then.
Dre did the same thing to MC Ren on the Chronic 2001.

I didn't catch the bar (that the ghostwriter wrote) but he left it in...and Ren was featured on the album.

Daps
When Rockness Monsta left Duck Down and started fukkin with Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit, there was some tension in Boot Camp camp over the whole situation, and I'm convinced that Buckshot's 2nd verse on "Where It Goez Wrong" and Top Dog's verse on "And So" where both aimed at Rock.

"I brought you up from the ground up
Now you wanna run and say my sound suck? (What?)
Tellin' nikkas 'Duck Down butt', but ain't no buts when I come around
All you hear is the crowd yell "Buck!"
Get it right or get it wrong
What's my name? Buckshot. What's your name? Not in this song
Sorry no props today, hard on the strip, fiends want no rocks today?

Shame, coulda been in the game, but now what
You shined for an hour and nobody dug you style but
Them nikkas that be geesin you up, hoping you hand them a piece of the cut
Jesus it sucks
Your reason is what? You don't got one, big deal you got guns
I got guns, be for real. We can get it on right now
But stack up, your money's short and I'm long right now" - Buckshot

"I can't take this!
Blood boiling pressure rising,
Opened my eyes and
We narrowed down to 7 guys
, And so
You ask about the God D.O.?
I'm top notch, Holdin my spot, gun by my crotch
You think not? I'm respected and feared around here
And so, I must be prepared around here
You know, everything that glitters ain't gold
You hoe, gettin' pimped by nikkas you don't know

That's Whoah!
Watch out for cars that move slow, windows low
I was taught by the best to do the 1 and gain control
Of this game and be sold and not told, And so
I'm a rep for my B double O, T. C.A.M.P.
Cuz I'm Top D.O.G., number 3
You know me from them OGCs that blow trees
fukkin with them Cocoa Bs we O'd" - Top Dog

Sean Price had a few sublims I believe against his own camp back in the early 2000s on a few of his freestyles too. That one over the Izzo beat specifically comes to mind.
"S to the izz E, A to the izz N
I'm rhyming for dolo cause I got homos for frizzends
Can we get along? I don't think so
Used to be my mans, but now I don't think so
Think i'm crazy then, well fukk it i'm on the brink yo
You can rubber room me and cuff me up in the clink yo
Yall got problems? I ain't concerned with that
You wanna fix 'em bytch, learn to rap!"

Plus the hook on "Don't Say shyt To Ruck" was obvious.
"To all the nikkas in my motherfukking click that's butt
When you see me, DON'T SAY shyt TO RUCK!"

Last edited:
Daps
And I mentioned this track before on this board and plenty of times on SOHH, but I only heard this track once and my radio fukked up when I was recording it, but there was a Ruckus Click (Smoothe Da Hustler, Trigger Tha Gambler, D.V. alias Khrist, Rhyme Recca, that whole squad, forget the other members), where Trigger appeared to diss EPMD and Def Jam.

Def Jam shelved his debut solo album around the time and were hyping up the EPMD reunion album.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
the funniest and best jabs are when label mates go after each other. Def Jam artists are notorious for this..because the label hops on bandwagon of whoever is the hottest artist on roster and devote resources to their projects

And I mentioned this track before on this board and plenty of times on SOHH, but I only heard this track once and my radio fukked up when I was recording it, but there was a Ruckus Click (Smoothe Da Hustler, Trigger Tha Gambler, D.V. alias Khrist, Rhyme Recca, that whole squad, forget the other members), where Trigger appeared to diss EPMD and Def Jam.

Def Jam shelved his debut solo album around the time and were hyping up the EPMD reunion album.

sounds about right.

Daps
One BCC sublim I forgot, Rock getting at Mystikal on Leflah Leflour Eshkoshka part 2,

"Yes Yes yall, stay tuned for the upcoming eps yall
Nocturnal and Da Storm coming next yall
Boot Camp lay copycats to rest yall
So guard your chest yall"

There was a not too well known feud between Mystikal and Boot Camp Click because Mystikal came out with his own crew pre-No Limit called Boot Camp Clicc, and even did a song and video that looked exactly like scenes from Black Moon's "Buck "Em Down" video. It got physical during a show down south where BCC and Mystikal's camp bumped heads, Rock told the story during an interview I have off the radio on Power 99 back in '96.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Probably the best Common verse I've ever heard......and of course it's a feature.

Off the "Get Em High" off Kanye's first album

"chimped up with a pimp cup/
you illiterate N/
I'm bred King like Simba/

LilJon-In-Suite-psd26928.png