Styles P Aaliyah Diss??? *EXPLANATION REVEALED* UPDATE: OR HAS CSI DISCOVERED A DEEPER LIE???

Mr. Bytes

yup
Daps
Reppin
originally from the 'ville
SmokingSection post on it

The Internet Found Audio Of That Styles P "Rock The Boat/Rocawear Coat" Line Allegedly Aimed At Aaliyah | The Smoking Section

Excerpt:

"
Like the mafia, Hip-Hop is chock-full of its fair share of urban legends. Did Tupac really sleep with Faith Evans after being released from prison in 1995? Did Ghostface break Ma$e’s jaw? How about Master P and goons kidnapping Pimp C? The point being, in a genre full of tough guys, entourages and egos, urban myths happen more often than one might imagine.

One of the grandest of them all, however, is Styles P’s alleged Aaliyah diss following her death in 2001. Pac/B.I.G. and Jay/Nas are normally the first two beefs most fans think of when the topic of rap battles arise. True rap heads recognize, realize and appreciate, though, the State Property/D-Block battle from the early 2000s was about as authentic as it ever got in rap’s young, yet storied history. Both sides tossed haymakers, many of which connected in extremely disrespectful fashion.

Since what seems like the AOL 6.0 days, rap message boards and barbershops have for well over a decade championed the legitimacy of Styles P’s “Rock the boat, rock the boat/ One less b*tch in a Rocawear coat” shot. And all these years, yours truly called it a pipe dream.

Until now. Leave it to Al Gore’s world wide web to finally stop lying on its dikk."

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
this is real...maybe it was doctored but that was def styles

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
Did y'all actually listen to the audio?

He says "Another dead bytch in a Rocawear coat" and the very next line he says "I'm not talking about Aaliyah"

and I'm still skeptical about that. The crowd seems like its from another concert and they sound similar to Kiss and Styles but it's so distorted that it's not clear if someone just did it copying their voice and cadence.

I was skeptical ...but this shyt is fake... the nikka in the Onyx blackrock video sounds exactly like jay... but that ain't jay..I just played this shyt on the monitor speakers and naw bruh that's not kiss or styles....the mixtape dj sounds like camilo but camilo was doin that dj clue heavy reverb on the drops ...and where are the other dj drops?...what kinda nikkas.. have a mixtape dj introduce you to do a blackout freestyle...at a show..(mixtape at the apollo)let me hear the fiesta freestyle from the same show ...weird al ass nikkas:camby:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
agreed

This could be bad for the coli. Somebody needs to run further tests before anybody makes any definitive claims that could hurt the coli in the future (imagine how bad it'll look if this makes mainstream hip-hop news and it turns out to be a fake)

If TMZ can say Wayne is on his death bed thecoli can stand to make a minor mistake if this aint real,its what happens when you are aggressive with the exculusive:youngsabo:....what if it was recorded by somebody who was in the studio as they recorded they vocals,that could explain them sounding a little different,and since it couldn't be touched up maybe whoever recorded it just threw some audience noise in it to make it sound live as an excuse for the poor audio quality:lupe:....cuz the whole thing about it bein a hoax is Styles doesn't even say what its been alleged that he said all these years after its evolved thru word of mouth,just something similar but not nearly as damning...u would think if it was a hoax the person would go out of they way to get the notorious lyrics right and have him say "Rock the boat rock the boat,another dead bytch in a rocawear coat"....this audio doesn't have styles saying that,and it does clear him directly dissing aaliyah......I just don't see the point in sumbody doin a hoax but not getting the major part in dispute accurate

b@squ1@t

I AM THE GOLDEN GOD
Daps
2nd dude sounds like styles to me:yeshrug:

and why would somebody doctor it to say "i aint talkin bout aaliyah" or whatever?:yeshrug:

if it was doctored that doesnt seem like somethin they would add:yeshrug:

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Has to be one hell of a hoax if it's all doctored :lupe: a story in itself. You can really feel like Kiss and Styles would rap this way

The audience is definitely suspicious though

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
nah shyt sound mad suss b :camby: this the digital age if said diss/performance was there we would see it...shyt we even have the moments before biggie was killed on tape

then again the world still cant find a full sized plane :mindblown:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this shyt fake and y'all wanna ban me, honestly I'll take the charge. But on the real, I tought this shyt was the real deal and obviously i wasnt the only one cause alot of folks who heard it with their own ears thought the same thing. If I thought the shyt was fake I woulda been dropped it on April fools or even made my own thread about it, or tried to make some dough off it cause I know people was offering. When homie said he wanted to analyse it further I sent him the original, cause im interested to know too. This shyts crazy to me. I never claimed to have recorded it myself, I got this shyt off the Internet a long time ago and it being fake didn't even cross my mind. On the one hand, it sounds like them to me and if someone was gonna fake it I dont know why they would do both Jada and Styles instead of just Styles, but on the other hand, like dude was saying it couldn't have been recorded on a phone because its in stereo and not mono. I was kinda hoping that he could clear the audio further to really confirm one way of the other, but of course there is only so much you can do.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did y'all actually listen to the audio?

He says "Another dead bytch in a Rocawear coat" and the very next line he says "I'm not talking about Aaliyah"

and I'm still skeptical about that. The crowd seems like its from another concert and they sound similar to Kiss and Styles but it's so distorted that it's not clear if someone just did it copying their voice and cadence.

Kiss is extra suspect. Sounds like Canibus or somebody fukking around doing a mock Kiss voice. Then the crowd, every analysis on the board seems to lean toward it being fake and I gotta agree.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
WTF with yall nikkaz b....

First: the crowd is the same stupid azz loop...after styles dropped his line dont you think a couple of crowd members would have went " ohhh my gawddd!!!!!, stysles is wildin',,,,yo he doing it now fam!!!!!" or some other corny sh1t concert goers say?

Second: I'm telling you dudes all they did was go in some audio program and used a preset reverb...I can tell because the quality is so bad, for those that don't know what reverb is: It simulates and trys to capture how something would sound in a given room , like a hall or a church or a stadium.

Third: You can tell that the vocals are not live, not enough variations in the tone.

Smarten up Coli.

Last edited:

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
LOL at that horrible audio quality that shyt don't even sound like styles and when he said the line the crowd doesn't react at all-- it's just the same looped cheering throughout . Fake as fuk