Studios consider Baldur’s Gate 3 anomaly : “It’s Rockstar-level nonsense for scope” Update: Confirmed Blassic

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is this shyt worth the hype? I still haven't finished Diablo 4's campaign yet :damn:

@MeachTheMonster do something!!! :why:
its pretty good. but Im playing on mouse and keyboard and dont know how well controller will be whenever this drops on console.

doubt I finish this game before the end of the year, theres a ton of stuff to get distracted and sidetracked with

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I haven’t played a D&D type game since Neverwinter Nights years ago, might have to cop this.:whoo:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Wouldn’t be surprised if the game goes up to a 97, everyone giving it perfect scores

This has stood out to me sof far.

Whenever I play a game the small bullshyt dialogues take me out of the game.
Other games:
Please save my hay bales, almighty warrior.

Baldur's Gate:
Character is locked in a cage, do you break him out? Lie to get him out? Break him out and kill him? Break him out and fight your way out? All with actually conversational dialogue.
And no one so far has referred to the character as "Hero" or some bad placeholder for a name.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Other games:

Baldur's Gate:
Character is locked in a cage, do you break him out? Lie to get him out? Break him out and kill him? Break him out and fight your way out? All with actually conversational dialogue.
And no one so far has referred to the character as "Hero" or some bad placeholder for a name.

Kinda like cyberpunk you just gotta get those worms out your brain

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

Larian doing numbers :banderas:

When people who love this go back in the catalogue and try DOS/DOS2 :banderas:

When people go back to BG2, love that and then realize what happened to that studio :picard:

I'mma say this much. DA4 gonna need a whole tertiary dev team. Because it's getting compared to this when it drops, and it sure as hell better doggypaddle for its life to keep above water because it's looking spooky outchea.

nikkas might not never get to run Solas his fade this generation if EA decide to throw the whole project back in the oven.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

Other games:

Baldur's Gate:
The fact that you can speak your way out of a ton of major fights is ridiculous and I love it.

I’ve had people legit kill themselves and my companions are looking at me like

”I will make sure to never cross you:wtf:

Characters refer to you based upon specific deeds, but it’s not like some random shop keeper is going to know what you’ve done.

Most will call you adventurer or something. I do like other characters vouch for you though.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Using the Silence spell lets me get away with anything :dead:
big brain for act 1:

Silence the goblin's drums.
Audible alarms don't work in a sound vacuum :yeshrug:

The amount of streamers I've watched botch the dogshyt out of that Act 1 encampment is egregious :mjlol: Every streamer out here running a mage with only damage spells then wondering why they get rolled when combat starts and there's fittyleven folk getting turns and wearing them down.

It's why I'm worried for console players. Consoles historically train people to think about combat as 'big damage number, pile bodies for win, explosions early and often.'

I watched a streamer sit in one combat for an hour. And lose. 75% of his turns ended with movement and bonus actions unused. I'm glad someone at least using something other than straight damage to solve issues. rep

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
big brain for act 1:

Silence the goblin's drums.
Audible alarms don't work in a sound vacuum :yeshrug:

The amount of streamers I've watched botch the dogshyt out of that Act 1 encampment is egregious :mjlol: Every streamer out here running a mage with only damage spells then wondering why they get rolled when combat starts and there's fittyleven folk getting turns and wearing them down.

It's why I'm worried for console players. Consoles historically train people to think about combat as 'big damage number, pile bodies for win, explosions early and often.'

I watched a streamer sit in one combat for an hour. And lose. 75% of his turns ended with movement and bonus actions unused. I'm glad someone at least using something other than straight damage to solve issues. rep

Thanks breh, I used it on two of the bosses in the Goblin lair as well. Killed the wandering guards, then made sure to break line of sight and pop the Silence bubble :russ:

I did it again in Act 2 when I had to break some folks out of jail. First time ten enemies or so showed up because they heard the wall break. I'm like naaah I can do this better.
Bubbled the Warden, then the eye, then another patrol. It was like we were never there :ohlawd:

I did it again again during the final Act 2 boss fight so the boss couldn't do some of it's attacks, Larian really lets you embrace thinking outside the box.
Great for people who hate being handheld in video games these days.
Not paying attention to spell slots is gonna get folks killed in the early game :dead:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
its pretty good. but Im playing on mouse and keyboard and dont know how well controller will be whenever this drops on console.

doubt I finish this game before the end of the year, theres a ton of stuff to get distracted and sidetracked with
I'm playing on Steam Deck. The controller setup is pretty damn good. The screen even changes it's ratio a bit I noticed, because with the touchscreen, it's easy to switch back to mouse and keyboard controls. In mouse and keyboard mode it condenses a bit because all of your spell and attack options are on the screen. In controller mode everything expands because they have more screen to play with, and all commands are selected in a pop up menu with L1 & R1. Larian didn't fukk around and they took their time with this shyt. You can easily change perspectives with the joy sticks, and I imagine they're using this month to test how it plays on Steam Deck and apply that to whatever day 1 patch there is for the PS5. Console people don't have to worry about having a lesser experience than PC people. I also believe that the PS5 can have a mouse and keyboard connected to it. So I don't see why the console versions can't at least have that option as well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you know its a good year when the lowest rated game is an 88 and the entire bottom row will be purged by november

B24-E6-FB2-C5-FC-4-A85-B0-FC-329-C18-F3199-E.jpg