Student has legs, fingers amputated after eating leftover Chinese takeout

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've heard that can cause bacteria too.

That your supposed to let your food cool off first, then refrigerate?

I need answers I'm about to cook damn it :damn:
Let it cool because it might cause the other food around it in the fridge to heat up and cause bacteria. Just keep the food covered and you should be fine to let it cool without issue.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Article so trash. No word on how old the food was. I done ate Chinese 2 days after placing in fridge and had concerns about it, but if I gotta question it a certain amount of times I stop eating ANY plate of food. Fresh or not.

Friend ate the same leftovers per the article, and all had was bubble guts and threw up

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I get black pepper chicken and fried shrimp... Nothing covered in sauce anymore. The wings good too but even then can be too much with the batter. When you pay attention to ya body reactions you know what’s what and what’s for you.

also had being a chef, still am but just at home now, I can gauge what and what not to do pretty easily. Food is good the day you cook it and up to 2 1/2 days after. Some say 3 days but nah fam.

Same for bare/raw ingredients.
5 days for me.

I know Brazilian jiu-jitsu so I probably have a cast iron stomach

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Doctors discovered that he had only received one of three doses of a meningococcal conjugate vaccine without a booster, and had only received one dose of a serogroup B meningococcal vaccine out of two or three recommended by the CDC, Newsweek reported.

After getting parts of all fingers and his legs below his knees amputated, the man went on to have a “relatively good recovery.”

A friend had eaten the same meal as the victim and vomited — but did not become progressively sick, according to the report.

Daps
I get black pepper chicken and fried shrimp... Nothing covered in sauce anymore. The wings good too but even then can be too much with the batter. When you pay attention to ya body reactions you know what’s what and what’s for you.

also had being a chef, still am but just at home now, I can gauge what and what not to do pretty easily. Food is good the day you cook it and up to 2 1/2 days after. Some say 3 days but nah fam.

Same for bare/raw ingredients.

Good points.

I usually order shrimp fried rice and eat most of it the day of. If I have leftovers, I heat them up in a skillet with some eggs and a dash of soy sauce the next day. Out of any takeout food, usually get rid of Chinese the fastest.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These kinda threads always funny. Coli nikkas always make it seem like they ahead of the curve when it come to anything. It could’ve been ice that got him sick and it would be folks saying “see that’s why I never have ice in my house, I cut out ice 11 years ago :damn: