Student has legs, fingers amputated after eating leftover Chinese takeout

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Had to eat cold. If he would’ve heating it up. It would’ve killed whatever gems was on it.

Heating up the food would not have killed those germs, because the food was left out too long. When the food is left out for a long period of time, the bacteria produces poisons, where high temperatures would not destroy the them. It's best to just throw the food out:

If I forget to put food away in the refrigerator, will proper heating or reheating kill its bacteria content?
Apr 20, 2021

Knowledge Article

Proper heating and reheating will kill foodborne bacteria. However, some foodborne bacteria produce poisons or toxins that are not destroyed by high cooking temperatures if the food is left out at room temperature for an extended period of time. An example is the foodborne bacteria Staphylococcus. This bacterium produces a toxin that can develop in cooked foods that sit out at room temperature for more than two hours.

https://ask.usda.gov/s/article/If-I...in-the-refrigerator-wont-heating-or-reheating

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
it really ain't got nothing to do with the fact it was leftovers or the fact it was Chinese food

what fukked them up was the fact the place they ate from was janky and someone probably did something foul like sneeze on their food :scust:

also the roommate is low key foul too for not throwing the food out after throwing up, why the fukk would you keep food that made you throw up :gucci:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
WTFF kind of writing is this?
The author is HORRIBLE!!!!

It says the doctor said it was a perfect storm of events, WHAT EVENTS????????? DESCRIBE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF
What a weirdly written articleeeeeeeeee

I was kinda of angry reading this shyt, like wtf is wrong with this author
and after only describing the food as leftover it gives no information and then ends the article with food being left out of the fridge.
This is horribly written.

With that said, ya i'm done with chinese food

To reduce the risk of food poisoning from bacteria, leftover food should be refrigerated no later than two hours after it is removed from a heat source
The article is taken from this video

Basically he got meningitis because the leftovers had some bacteria in it. His roommate had a bad reaction to the food but instead of throwing it out he put in the fridge and the guy ate those leftovers

There is a meningococcal vaccine, you get one dose a child and a booster at 16. He never got the booster so his immune system wasnt able to fight off the infection.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Eat chinese food in 2022, brehs :mjlol:

So many cuisines to choose from, why go for rat meat?

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Everyone should have some rules of decency, 19 is a wild time but you gotta know:

1) Eat trash take out food within 4 hours max, then throw it away or put the left overs in the fridge for tomorrow or at worst the day after(thats pushing it). Under no circumstances should any trash take out food pizza chinese or otherwise be in your house past 3 days from purchase. You CAN freeze it if you must but what is the point of that. Why you freezin that trash for? Just eat it or toss it.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The article is taken from this video

Basically he got meningitis because the leftovers had some bacteria in it. His roommate had a bad reaction to the food but instead of throwing it out he put in the fridge and the guy ate those leftovers

There is a meningococcal vaccine, you get one dose a child and a booster at 16. He never got the booster so his immune system wasnt able to fight off the infection.

Oh God.:francis:
He ate another mans leftovers after said leftovers made that other man ill. :francis:

Im sure he knew better, sometimes the stomach just wants what the stomach wants.:francis:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I saw on the news.
this person was not vaccinated for meningitis.
which is why this occurred.

art barr

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Oh God.:francis:
He ate another mans leftovers after said leftovers made that other man ill. :francis:

Im sure he knew better, sometimes the stomach just wants what the stomach wants.:francis:
Yeah and the other dude didnt say anything about it, it seems :francis: