Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
A black partner’s perspective on why law firms are failing at diversity – Fortune

BigLaw partner says lawyers have an obligation to give back to their communities

Big Law is failing Black lawyers. The stories of those who have left can help explain why.

Why They Left: Black Lawyers on Why Big Law Can't Keep Them Around | The American Lawyer

people act like he’s lying when stats and facts support his claims. Majority of black lawyers are not at firms as associates. They work in the case management, practice support sector because firms, corporations do not account for “minority” hires as being solely black people. The old boys club remains stagnate at exclusivity.

Just 2% of law firm partners nationally are black.

Yes, Cravath Still Has Zero Black Partners | The American Lawyer

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
so everytime someone on the coli don't get a job there's going to be a BlackMAGA thread about it?

What does that mean?
:patrice:
We’re using cacspeak as descriptors?? Wtf is a “blackmaga” . I never hear this in actual life to describe black people.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Just so you know. My friend from college graduated from one of best law schools in the state. Had top grades and had one of his papers published his 1st year and still had to work for 3 years as a clerk. Now he's one the top lawyers working for the state govt. You haven't paid your dues yet.

I don't know what state you live in but why don't you get the experience you need working your way up as a public.defender

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
what don't you understand about black people being on the bottom of the totem pole. They would rather hire an Arab than a black.
Wasn’t the real “John Brown” a white man? I always find it very strange of how a black man names himself after a white politician/abolitionist.
:patrice::dwillhuh:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Just so you know. My friend from college graduated from one of best law schools in the state. Had top grades and had one of his papers published his 1st year and still had to work for 3 years as a clerk. Now he's one the top lawyers working for the state govt. You haven't paid your dues yet.

I don't know what state you live in but why don't you get the experience you need working your way up as a public.defender

I didn't go to a top 10 law school in the country to be a fukking public defender.

:gucci:

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
convert to islam

:manny:
He'd still be black.......

To the rest of you, I don't know if OP is telling the truth or not, but let's not act like there isn't a bias against specifically black people.

White supremacy isn't only about putting white people on top. It's also focused on keeping black people on the bottom.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Contrary to what the public thinks, Public Defender jobs are EXTREMELY competitive and the hiring depts look down on applicants who try to apply for those jobs as a fallback position. For every PD job there are hundreds of applicants - if you didn’t volunteer or intern at a PD office prior to law school or show interest while in law school by your 2nd year or at the lease assisting in criminal law cases; those resumes are getting shelved. PD offices only select people who have an expressed interests in public defense - anyone on a corporate track is getting the side eye. The turnover rate is high enough as it is. Even if he went to a “top law school” - if he didn’t have a criminal law or criminal defense specialty, unless he goes way out to Mississippi or Tennessee where they may need PDs due to scarcity.