String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Honey, it takes more than a few times to get the most out of therapy. It takes about 6-8 months of therapy to help figure out what's happening. Only then can the therapist can figure out a treatment plan. AND you have to be open and honest -- and want help.

You also have to make sure your therapist has enough time to figure out what type of therapy treatment approach (Cognitive, Psychodynamic, DBT, etc) is best for you -- and it takes a while to figure out.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Honey, it takes more than a few times to get the most out of therapy. It takes about 6-8 months of therapy to help figure out what's happening. Only then can the therapist can figure out a treatment plan. AND you have to be open and honest -- and want help.

You also have to make sure your therapist has enough time to figure out what type of therapy treatment approach (Cognitive, Psychodynamic, DBT, etc) is best for you -- and it takes a while to figure out.

every visit was $20 copay. I wasnt about to keep paying money so they may be able to find a treatment approach in the future.

:skip:

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
Idk but I guess success is relative so ... :yeshrug:

Cant have faith in someone else .. setting yourself up for disappointment.

Everybody takes L's .. some bigger , some smaller . And at different times in their life .

You focus on a "mentor" instead of yourself you catch their strays and may get caught in the Fallout.

So i take all input with a grain of salt

Sheeeiiiittt .. I don't even trust all MY decisions :francis:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Seriously, the real answer is nepotism. period.

Don't let anybody tell you different. My father is the CFO of a large company, he got me an internship with said company while i was in college. Then got me job offers once i graduated. Now i'm a CFO for a much smaller company just 5 years later, and the owner happens to be a friend of my father. Nepotism is the path to success, everybody else has to be exceptional at what they do mentor or no mentor. My advise would be to follow the same career path as your most successful relative and use them to get a foothold in that industry. You might want to be an Engineer but if your father is a successful real estate agent, you'd be a dumbass to pursue anything but real estate as a career.

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Successful is relative. I aint Bill Gates but am somewhat accomplished :ehh:
But I've had mentors ranging from professors, managers to coworkers.
Express interest and mingle with like minded folk.
When the student is ready the teacher will appear :smugdraper:

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps

Don't let anybody tell you different. My father is the CFO of a large company, he got me and internship with said company while i was in college. Then got me job offers once i graduated. Now i'm a CFO for a much smaller company just 5 years later, and the owner happens to be a friend of my father. Nepotism is the path to success, everybody has to be exceptional at what they do mentor or no mentor.
Got a government job I didn’t even apply for but I had to learn the game the hard way:pachaha:
If I knew at 22 what I know at 27, the possibilities :wow:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Got a government job I didn’t even apply for but I had to learn the game the hard way:pachaha:
If I knew at 22 what I know at 27, the possibilities :wow:
I didn't apply for my job either, in fact i wanted to take a break after college and travel. Pops called like, this company has you scheduled for an interview on Thursday. i was like :dahell: at the time. But now i'm like :whew: good looks pops.

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Don't let anybody tell you different. My father is the CFO of a large company, he got me an internship with said company while i was in college. Then got me job offers once i graduated. Now i'm a CFO for a much smaller company just 5 years later, and the owner happens to be a friend of my father. Nepotism is the path to success, everybody else has to be exceptional at what they do mentor or no mentor. My advise would be to follow the same career path as your most successful relative and use them to get a foothold in that industry. You might want to be an Engineer but if your father is a successful real estate agent, you'd be a dumbass to pursue anything but real estate as a career.

This, pretty much. I got my first really good paying job because my momma worked for the company and had connections. :wow: