String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Extremely cringe.

The reaction comes from African ethnic languages being spoken by someone who is far away from that so it causes a reaction because there are citizens within that same country who do not speak said language because they are from a different ethnic group. So having a foreigner let alone a white person speak it causes a reaction.

Not too different than when white ppl in America being "invited to the barbecue" or causing a social media stir by performing or speaking or knowing something that is/was perceived exclusively indigenous to Black Americans (i.e at the highest level Bill Clinton playing the saxophone at Arsenio Hall's show in a presidential campaign big deal because white guy played the sax which is a popular instrument in jazz music and jazz music is a Black American art form)

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
why does Tariq feel some type of way about this?

can he speak Yuruba or any West African dialect?

he should be :snoop: that a cac speaks more west african language than him

if he doesn't consider himself west african then this is none of his business

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Yea that's Xiaomanyc, he speaks like 20+ languages. Fluent in Mandarin, Catonese, and Fuzhounese. He's been learning Igbo, Yoruba, and Twi, he might have some Swahili as well.

RIP Laoshu :mjcry:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Man get this shyt out of her, breh do better we had a breh do the same shyt on YouTube until he pass away awhile back he would speak the language and everyone had the :gladbron: face when he did.. even has some older women ask him to marry their daughters.

Lol that shyt cringe

but on a serious the greatest polyglot was the ados breh Moses who recently passed away. He spoke many African languages and every encounter was amazing. From Somali, swahili, twi, amharic and so on.

Damn, that breh passed away?!?! You all know what happened to him?
:snoop:

I love languages and linguistics. He was definitely a beast of a polyglot. RIP to that brilliant brother.
:mjcry:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Stay pretending like Africans don't have post colonial stress syndrome.
You're really making this some ADOS vs Africa shyt, when it's obvious from dudes videos that a lot of immigrants in multiple cultures are appreciative of the guy taking the time to learn their language and try to communicate. Idiot. :unimpressed:

"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart." - Nelson Mandela

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Damn, that breh passed away?!?! You all know what happened to him?
:snoop:

I love languages and linguistics. He was definitely a beast of a polyglot. RIP to that brilliant brother.
:mjcry:
It's a whole can of worms.

His brother also does language videos on youtube. Laoshu and his Taiwanese wife had some acrimonious divorce, and he got with a new chick. Dude's brother started making videos talking about "My brother's in danger, I dont know this woman, she's bad news, she's with the FBI" and commenters called him crazy. A year later, Laoshu died of a 'heart attack' but no info on how that was caused was released, and people who called him crazy were like 'damn sorry'. As far as I know, his brother is taking it to trial of some kind or doing an investigation.

either way, RIP

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
It's a whole can of worms.

His brother also does language videos on youtube. Laoshu and his Taiwanese wife had some acrimonious divorce, and he got with a new chick. Dude's brother started making videos talking about "My brother's in danger, I dont know this woman, she's bad news, she's with the FBI" and commenters called him crazy. A year later, Laoshu died of a 'heart attack' but no info on how that was caused was released, and people who called him crazy were like 'damn sorry'. As far as I know, his brother is taking it to trial of some kind or doing an investigation.

either way, RIP

:ohhh:

Good looking.