String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

hatealot

Banned
Daps
you know what breh, you’re right.

no lie, I know a chick who has a nephew who has autism. He is like 18 now and watches a lot of Disney kid stuff and not super high functioning but he can get shyt done for his age

couple of years ago he made her a drawing and she has it printed on a 8 x 10 canvas and put it on her wall.

I fukkin SWEAR that she just got a Basquiat reprint because the kid’s drawing looked just like one and there’s 0% chance he knows about Basquiat. He just draws like a fukking child.

there was a time like 7-10 years ago when dikkriding Basquiat was damn near a prerequisite here in NY. Brooklyn Museum had a massive Basquiat exhibit and the venue was flooded with people even on the last day. I even Jedi mindtricked myself into dipping one row onto the wave :russ:

But the reality is the art is ehhhh at best to me :yeshrug:

mans was a product of 80s hypebeast post modern art and i feel the same about Warhol and Haring. Hell, the pinnacle of this hypebeast art shyt is Jackson Pollock. It’s literally a dude splattering paint and CACs are :ohhh:

I just don’t rock with it and a Tesla battery engineer would grab my interest before these dudes
When I saw pollock work in person, I stared at the shyt, and stared at it and just shook my head. It's all mental illness. I think there was a cigarette bud in one of the splatters.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
8e74be032cc8d414340c29e8b648ad91.jpg

I went and looked at his collection in LA and was like:gucci::gucci::gucci:

All the CACs were having think piece conversations about the struggle and all kinda nosnense :mjlol::mjlol:

It was then I realized art is B.S.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
When I saw pollock work in person, I stared at the shyt, and stared at it and just shook my head. It's all mental illness. I think there was a cigarette bud in one of the splatters.

Pollack art gotta be the biggest finesse in the existence of art. And it just shows that all you need is rich CACs to hype up a group of artists just to make it seem like some “you ain’t up on this” shyt

that is literally the history of MOMA. bored, rich CAC females threw resources behind some random artists and told the world that this is where modern art was headed. It gave them something to and out out their husband’s airspace.

Pollack had to know he was hitting a lick with these trash canvases. I’ve seen better shyt at the bottom of the Home Depot paint mixing station.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Pollack art gotta be the biggest finesse in the existence of art. And it just shows that all you need is rich CACs to hype up a group of artists just to make it seem like some “you ain’t up on this” shyt

that is literally the history of MOMA. bored, rich CAC females threw resources behind some random artists and told the world that this is where modern art was headed. It gave them something to and out out their husband’s airspace.

Pollack had to know he was hitting a lick with these trash canvases. I’ve seen better shyt at the bottom of the Home Depot paint mixing station.
Agreed. You seen the Campbell soup can in Moma? Complete trash

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the illustration is what it is...but if you look at a lot of his pieces together, and read the little captions on them there is a continuity there. like one long editorial news reel. its almost like he expected his stuff to be put in a time capsule. i didnt look at any of it until i saw the one in the tiffany ad, but i enjoyed it