Street FighterZ (What If DBFighterZ was this)

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
:hhh:How can you ignore it when it's all over the place. I guess you're one of the Capcoms fanboys, I've never displayed frustrations that Capcom ain't allowing me to enjoy other games.I can comment as much as I want as I grew up on Capcom games and see the garbage that they release or Re-release it's sad as their releases have been mediocre at best. LOL, this ain't 1996 anymore where you can ignore announcements or releases.

MvC3 and Infinite is trash imo

SFIV was enjoyable and the ink style was new BUT then V comes out 8 years later with the same shyt...smh

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Competition and sales are what keeps these developers and pubs honest. You don't want to see the entire field turn into sports games where Madden and 2k don't have to even try for years at a time. Capcom has a really dedicated fanbase, nothing wrong with that. But if that same fanbase demanded a better product they'd probably actually get one. SF being the game that all fighters are compared to, it helps everyone that they do more than what they've shown recently. The bar doesn't need to be lower.

:yeshrug:
The fan base spoke vocally and with their wallet and now we got SFV Arcade Edition

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The fan base spoke vocally and with their wallet and now we got SFV Arcade Edition
That's it? The fanbase was getting hit for a re-release regardless :russ: they sold a product they knew the fans and community would carry and didn't even thank them for it

Re-releases are a practice guaranteed to stack money and draw people back in sustainable ways. You can't give them props for dipping in pockets like they always intended to.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A streetfighter game that looked like arc system games would be a dream come true...

A marvel vs game :mjcry:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
That's it? The fanbase was getting hit for a re-release regardless :russ: they sold a product they knew the fans and community would carry and didn't even thank them for it

Re-releases are a practice guaranteed to stack money and draw people back in sustainable ways. You can't give them props for dipping in pockets like they always intended to.
:mjlol::mjlol: shyt and there are still Arcade Edition characters that ain't been unlocked yet.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Street Fighter 5 isn't or at least going by last year wasn't selling all that well compared to Street Fighter 4. If it were making bank it's hard to say how different there approach would be but I'm sure they wouldn't have made Story Mode or Arcade Edition a free download.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Street Fighter 5 isn't or at least going by last year wasn't selling all that well compared to Street Fighter 4. If it were making bank it's hard to say how different there approach would be but I'm sure they wouldn't have made Story Mode or Arcade Edition a free download.
I never said it was or wasn't, I'm talking about how Street Fighter is always going to be the standard until it gets dethroned by the fighting game equivalent of Overwatch. Until then, their bullshyt lowers the bar for the genre.

And Arcade Edition isn't even fully free. You're still paying for characters? It ain't free lol. Drawing in returning players who dropped your product only to hit them with more transactions within that product... that's still a hustle. And they've been running that game for a minute now too. I'm not saying that they're the only ones that do it either, I'm saying that BECAUSE they cut corners on development, push that microtransaction package, drip feed features, etc - that it allows other games to do the same because SF is the bar.

"just go play other shyt" doesn't address that imo. not for fighting games at least
Lets not forget How
Capcom said there wouldnt be another version of SFV, and now we have SFV AE
They actually said this too? :dead:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I never said it was or wasn't, I'm talking about how Street Fighter is always going to be the standard until it gets dethroned by the fighting game equivalent of Overwatch. Until then, their bullshyt lowers the bar for the genre.

And Arcade Edition isn't even fully free. You're still paying for characters? It ain't free lol. Drawing in returning players who dropped your product only to hit them with more transactions within that product... that's still a hustle. And they've been running that game for a minute now too. I'm not saying that they're the only ones that do it either, I'm saying that BECAUSE they cut corners on development, push that microtransaction package, drip feed features, etc - that it allows other games to do the same because SF is the bar.

"just go play other shyt" doesn't address that imo. not for fighting games at least

Yeah they did, i believed them lol

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's more than characters though. The improvements to the gameplay and the additional modes is the draw of Arcade Edition, all of season 3 characters aren't even out yet.
What's the real argument here? Is it the gameplay? Capcom has been improving it since the games release with balances, new moves and animation, little tweaks here and there. Yeah they shyt the bed when it dropped but they have turned that around now, imo

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's more than characters though. The improvements to the gameplay and the additional modes is the draw of Arcade Edition, all of season 3 characters aren't even out yet.
What's the real argument here? Is it the gameplay? Capcom has been improving it since the games release with balances, new moves and animation, little tweaks here and there. Yeah they shyt the bed when it dropped but they have turned that around now, imo
You can make a patch for free, additional modes, etc for free :shaq2: a re-release for the people who kept it and 40 for everyone that didn't with the same microtransactions that were supposed to sustain the product initially is a hustle that's only possible because customers allow it. The argument from me hasn't changed, Capcom doesn't put forth the effort because they don't have to - and their fanbase is too complacent and loyal to demand real improvements in their development process, sustainability structure, or even their communication.

Its a derail at this point. I'm not even a capcom hater (Its NR I can't stand :scust:) but you gotta call this shyt for what it is. Capcom doesn't give a fukk and its possible because their fanbase doesn't really give a fukk either.