Street FighterZ (What If DBFighterZ was this)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I've heard this numerous of times. How is it more expensive? Time wise?
Yeah time wise especially with how the hd sprites are nowadays. Half of it is companies being too cheap to pay people. Especially when your competitors are out there doing 3d models as well.

A new fighting game with some good clean 2d sprites would be dope, but I feel like the only ones willing to do that are the smaller/indie developers. Bigger heads like Capcom see it as a waste of time and money I feel.
Yeah, people gotta check out some of the requirements for sprites as things have evolved over the years. The amount of work that goes into it is kinda ridiculous.

zTBgeY8.png

zTBgeY8.png

BeD8-wFCYAEHVOO.png

Even with as much time (and straight up love, which is rare these days in itself) that's put into GGXrd/DBFZ, its still a huge effort. 2D hand drawn? In this generation? I can't see too many developers looking at it and saying the cost is worth it.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Yeah, people gotta check out some of the requirements for sprites as things have evolved over the years. The amount of work that goes into it is kinda ridiculous.

zTBgeY8.png

zTBgeY8.png

BeD8-wFCYAEHVOO.png

Even with as much time (and straight up love, which is rare these days in itself) that's put into GGXrd/DBFZ, its still a huge effort. 2D hand drawn? In this generation? I can't see too many developers looking at it and saying the cost is worth it.
Even SNK for KOF and SNK heroines is 3D(Not the platform) they've embraced 3D over 2D drawn.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Even SNK for KOF and SNK heroines is 3D(Not the platform) they've embraced 3D over 2D drawn.
On other boards I used to go hard for Skullgirls :mjcry: people had no idea how important that game was for the industry

a new ip made with confidence
combo system ahead of its time
godlike animation
crowdfunded characters, fully animated and voiced :mindblown: per community demand

they really had the blueprint

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
On other boards I used to go hard for Skullgirls :mjcry: people had no idea how important that game was for the industry

a new ip made with confidence
combo system ahead of its time
godlike animation
crowdfunded characters, fully animated and voiced :mindblown: per community demand

they really had the blueprint
I never played Skullgirls and there was something about Skullgirls that didn't draw me. But the developers deserve some recognition they really went to town for the game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I never played Skullgirls and there was something about Skullgirls that didn't draw me. But the developers deserve some recognition they really went to town for the game.
I was trash as fukk :hubie:

But this right here?
tumblr_o2f9pjzo7E1sffbi8o1_400.gif
:wow:

tumblr_nppoikXU8J1uqm4b7o1_500.gif
:wtf: this shyt don't come easy or cheap and Capcom got no problem churning out something like MvCI either.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
fukk Capcom and it's fanboys. Capcom keeps on milking on nostalgia but there's a time where it will wear off. They love releasing every year their "Anniversary" editions. They keep on fukking up the RE games. Fans have been demanding for years for a Darkstalker release, Dino Crisis, and Rival Schools release but yet they keep on releasing street fighter or shytty resident evil. These b*stards are content on being conservative on their releases as they know the fans boys will eat the shyt up. Also, fukk Konami and other companies that milk off the same franchise.
They did some crap like re-release one of the old Darkstalker games digitally a few years ago. That was their way of seeing how bad fans wanted a new one. It did poorly and Capcom was all like "guess yall don't want it as bad as yall thought :hubie:". Like that's the same thing :heh:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
They did some crap like re-release one of the old Darkstalker games digitally a few years ago. That was their way of seeing how bad fans wanted a new one. It did poorly and Capcom was all like "guess yall don't want it as bad as yall thought :hubie:". Like that's the same thing :heh:
I just don't understand Capcom they are always self-sabotaging things for themselves. Capcom loves doing re-releases like no other. I blame these stupid ass Capcom defenders that keep on buying hot garbage like MVCI. I can't wait for more of these new developers to show out Capcom's games so far it's looking like Evil Within series will take RE 's spot and it looks like Arc systems games, Dragon Ball Fighterz, Tekken, Dissidia NT, Fighting Layer EX, and SC VI may reign on Capcom's parade which I hope they do.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Wow that looks fukking dope. Damn now I want this game.
:whoa:

Its a great game to look at, and cheap as hell to download, but casuals/new players don't exist anymore at all in it. A new person picks up the sticks and everyone is looking at you like a snack.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don't understand Capcom they are always self-sabotaging things for themselves. Capcom loves doing re-releases like no other. I blame these stupid ass Capcom defenders that keep on buying hot garbage like MVCI. I can't wait for more of these new developers to show out Capcom's games so far it's looking like Evil Within series will take RE 's spot and it looks like Arc systems games, Dragon Ball Fighterz, Tekken, Dissidia NT, Fighting Layer EX, and SC VI may reign on Capcom's parade which I hope they do.
:gucci:
If you don't like what they are doing then just ignore it. They aren't stopping you from enjoying other franchises. All of those games you mentioned plus Capcom's fighting games can coexist and is good to still have variety in today's gaming landscape

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If you don't like what they are doing then just ignore it. They aren't stopping you from enjoying other franchises. All of those games you mentioned plus Capcom's fighting games can coexist and is good to still have variety in today's gaming landscape
Competition and sales are what keeps these developers and pubs honest. You don't want to see the entire field turn into sports games where Madden and 2k don't have to even try for years at a time. Capcom has a really dedicated fanbase, nothing wrong with that. But if that same fanbase demanded a better product they'd probably actually get one. SF being the game that all fighters are compared to, it helps everyone that they do more than what they've shown recently. The bar doesn't need to be lower.

:yeshrug:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
:hhh:How can you ignore it when it's all over the place. I guess you're one of the Capcoms fanboys, I've never displayed frustrations that Capcom ain't allowing me to enjoy other games.I can comment as much as I want as I grew up on Capcom games and see the garbage that they release or Re-release it's sad as their releases have been mediocre at best. LOL, this ain't 1996 anymore where you can ignore announcements or releases.