Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The guy who played Easy did a masterful job. Like Jamie foxx/Ray good

You could tell Dr dre was very hands on with his story. They tried to make him look like a super hero. I didn't mind them focusing on him towards the end bc his story is the most appealing once the group officially breaks up.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
now it just needs to perform well at the box office so we get that hip hop cinematic universe
full

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Death Row really had a mock death row chair in its office?

:banderas:

I guess we will never get a full blown Row movie.

Suge fukking nikkas up and having nikkas raped isn't exactly theater level content.
Or it might be Oscar bait with the right white director.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
That first act is :ohlawd:

Felt like I was in 1986 Compton.:wow:

That scene with Dre laying on his pile of records made me lowkey wish I grew up in the 80s and had a Vinyl collection :mjcry:

Sidenote: Which of you oldheads had or knew someone with a jheri curl? :pachaha:
That's like asking who wore high tops or mushrooms.

Daps
another black music artist biopic how groundbreaking:russell:hopefully this film success starts a trend of 90s style hood crime films to inspire the black youth to fight the power like NWAs uplifghting pro black music:troll: actually due to the buzz of this film kinda curious to see what the hype is about but not enough to actually purchase a ticket...whenever this shyt hits the net i probably a check it out then but cause these genres of of films typically bore me and the mainstream critically acclaim it's receiving makes me suspect it's a c00nfest i might want to avoid

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Death Row really had a mock death row chair in its office?

:banderas:

I guess we will never get a full blown Row movie.

Suge fukking nikkas up and having nikkas raped isn't exactly theater level content.

Suge was just looming the entire film.

My idea is to create a Boardwalk Empire series about the 90s. So many colorful characters especially behind the scenes.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It did. At least the AIDS part. There were people who remember him coughing a lot though.

They all thought he had asthma or something. No one figured he would die or anything.

I thought mc ren was a crip though?

How did all the guys in the group really meet?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Movie was dope just finished it. My only complaint was Dre knocked out a few too many dudes throughout the movie I think it was like four. :laff:

They need to stop bullshyting with the Pac movie foreal but I'm worried about it since John Singleton stepped down.

Jerry Heller :pacspit:

Eazy :mjcry:

Cube :myman:

My favorite member. NOI deep and turned the offices out :dead:

Dre was like "Aftermath" :youngsabo:

:scust: the cops were deep as fukk in the theater fukk tha police! The fukk they think people were gonna riot over a rap group?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
another black music artist biopic how groundbreaking:russell:hopefully this film success starts a trend of 90s style hood crime films to inspire the black youth to fight the power like NWAs uplifghting pro black music:troll: actually due to the buzz of this film kinda curious to see what the hype is about but not enough to actually purchase a ticket...whenever this shyt hits the net i probably a check it out then but cause these genres of of films typically bore me and the mainstream critically acclaim it's receiving makes me suspect it's a c00nfest i might want to avoid
:comeon:

It's not.

I hope the actors get more roles...especially old boy who played Eazy...that was a role that could've been cliche as fukk.