Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
its crazy that people in her state elect her. she's the worst public speaker ive seen in that high of a position :dahell: i think something's wrong with her, but even still. the idea of her running for reelection is crazy
What about Mitch McConnell? Gotta be 1 of the richest ppl in congress that is elected by poor morons every fukkin time. Every republican in congress is disgusting.

And nobody on that side bringing up Trump calling all this a hoax just a few wks ago.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Why do these senators even bothering wasting their breath. Just shut up and keep it moving. It doesn't get anything done to yell on the floor

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) tore into Democrats Monday morning for their latest stimulus demands as more than three days of negotiations have failed to yield a deal.

McConnell ticked off the items on what he called the “Democratic wish list,” citing tax deductions to solar and wind energy companies, workplace provisions sought by organized labor and new emissions standards for the airlines.

“Are you kidding me?” McConnell asked on the floor.

“This is the moment to debate new regulations that have nothing whatsoever to do with this crisis? That’s what they’re up to over there,” he said, motioning across the aisle.
“Democrats won’t let us fund hospitals or save small businesses unless they get to dust off the 'Green New Deal,'” he said, referring to a sweeping liberal proposal to address global climate change.
McConnell slammed Democrats for blocking funding for hospitals and medical supplies, which was included in a $1.8 trillion bill that failed to advance on a 47-47 procedural vote Sunday.

“I’d like to see Senate Democrats tell small business employees in their states who are literally being laid off every day that they’re filibustering relief that will keep people on the payroll because Democrats’ special interest friends want to squeeze employers while they’re vulnerable,” he said, referring to labor and environmental activists.

Schumer hurried to the floor to respond to the attack.

“I’m in my office with the president’s secretary of the Treasury, the president’s liaison, getting things done,” he said, criticizing McConnell for setting up procedural votes that he said were distracting from the talks.

After three days of intense negotiations without an agreement, tempers have started to fray.

“The country is burning, and your side wants to play political games. It’s time to get this done,” fumed Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), a normally affable lawmaker.

When Schumer objected to Sen. Susan Collins’s (R) request to speak after his sharp exchange with McConnell, the Maine senator exploded with frustration.

“Unbelievable. The Democratic leader objected to my even being able to speak this morning. Is that what we’ve come to?” she said.
McConnell excoriates Democrats over stimulus demands

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Berndawg :wow:

Meanwhile they're still looking for the WiFi password in Delaware
0ef90322cbd73d73d046272a59136fff-3.png

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree with what the Dems are doing. The problem is with the media. Most people are not going to dig into the details. The only things they are seeing is the headlines. Most of the headlines are “Democrats block stimulus”. A lot of average Americans are unfairly blaming Dems right now. It is shameful what the media is doing.