Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
trumps america

crazy how so many established businesses are getting exposed as not having enough cash on hand to survive a few months of store closures.
Businesses don't run household like budgets, for example keeping cash on hand. Quite a few businesses leverage their credit to pay expenses and employees.

It's a delicate balance. The only thing exposed is our paper thin economy.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I told you three weeks ago it would be September, and likely mid September. And I’m right lmao.
And I told you Trump won that weekend, and that the Dems gave away their leverage long ago, and they did :umad: status quo loving dem corporate bootlicking coward, bonuses being paid out in less than a week :umad:

Now go run to the mods like a bytch

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
With Hurricane Laura hitting this week, does Trump even have money at FEMA to deal with this considering he's using that money for unemployment checks?
Saw a gut wrenching clip on the news. Had 12 people sharing a room in Louisiana with only enough money to last til the end of the day. They didn’t know where to get help,

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pelosi's priority isnt getting money into the hands of the american people, its the other things in her bill. notably getting the slush funds out to blue state bureaucrats

there is no reason she cant write a 2 or 3 part bill with 1200 dollar checks and an extra 400 a week for unemployment. the republicans turning that down would lose them the election, so it would get passed in a couple days

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
pelosi's priority isnt getting money into the hands of the american people, its the other things in her bill. notably getting the slush funds out to blue state bureaucrats

there is no reason she cant write a 2 or 3 part bill with 1200 dollar checks and an extra 400 a week for unemployment. the republicans turning that down would lose them the election, so it would get passed in a couple days
Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) Tracker - UnemploymentPUA.com
Them “payment pending” finna turn to “paid” soon :ehh:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

:gucci:

you really gonna parrot mitch mcconnells "slush fund" talking point when he never clarified what the fukk it actually is.:stopitslime:

Congressional fight over COVID-19 relief bill continues - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

WASHINGTON, D.C. (NBC) – Negotiations on a new COVID-relief bill in Congress are at a partisan stalemate. That was made clear Thursday in comments by Congressional leaders as we’re now into the 13th day since enhances unemployment benefits lapsed, along with eviction protections and other emergency measures.

The Republican Senate Majority continues to claim Democrats are asking for a bloated wish list of programs unrelated to COVID relief and calling proposed direct aid to states and cities a “slush fund.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said, “The Democrats have continued to let working families down. They’re still rejecting any more relief for anyone unless they get a flood of demands with no relationship to COVID-19.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) fired back, claiming Republicans are ignoring the true scope of the crisis, including only offering aid to schools that physically reopen and she called out President Trump for attempting to influence the election by attacking the Post Office.

Pelosi said, “When sometimes some of you reporters ask, ‘Why can’t we resolve our differences?’ I want you to see how vast those differences are. It’s no wonder we have a vast difference because this administration and the Republicans in Congress have never understood the gravity of the situation.

A major difference remains unemployment benefits with Democrats sticking by the previous $600 dollars a week, while Republicans want to see that number lowered.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:

you really gonna parrot mitch mcconnells "slush fund" talking point when he never clarified what the fukk it actually is.:stopitslime:

Congressional fight over COVID-19 relief bill continues - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
im not parroting anything, i dont need moscow mitch to see what shes doing

anyway, feel free to keep cheerleading pelosis strategy :yeshrug: i dont need or care about another bill myself, im just commenting on the fact that there IS another strategy, if direct payments are the number 1 priority. but she wont go there

you cant even deny what i said

bnew

Veteran
Daps
im not parroting anything, i dont need moscow mitch to see what shes doing

anyway, feel free to keep cheerleading pelosis strategy :yeshrug: i dont need or care about another bill myself, im just commenting on the fact that there IS another strategy, if direct payments are the number 1 priority. but she wont go there

you cant even deny what i said

what are these alleged slush funds for blue state bureaucrats being appropriated for?

I don't personally need another bill either but I do care that people in general do need it because of a situation that wasn't of their own making.

Thats not a strategy if republicans aren't interested in negotiating anything else, they got everything they wanted in the cares act. The republican majority senate aren't in agreement about anything because they have no plan. They aren't negotiating in good faith, they're stalling for good news while they do nothing..

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they got everything they wanted in the cares act.
Damn , its almost as if Dems gave away their leverage :ehh:

sn: i think dems win everything this nov and im voting for them :jawalrus:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what are these alleged slush funds for blue state bureaucrats being appropriated for?

I don't personally need another bill either but I do care that people in general do need it because of a situation that wasn't of their own making.

Thats not a strategy if republicans aren't interested in negotiating anything else, they got everything they wanted in the cares act. The republican majority senate aren't in agreement about anything because they have no plan. They aren't negotiating in good faith, they're stalling for good news while they do nothing..
yeah, so put them on the spot and write a simple non partisan bill that republican voters will all benefit from, and they'll look terrible rejecting

or keep doing this :hhh:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
yeah, so put them on the spot and write a simple non partisan bill that republican voters will all benefit from, and they'll look terrible rejecting

or keep doing this :hhh:

the heroes act was non-partisan and it's been crickets from republication supporters about their representatives not voting for it. :comeon: