Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I mean cutting a check to everyone doesn't make sense but I'd probably bump the threshold a little bit. $65K isn't anything some places (NYC, LA, etc.). I'm a little surprised by responses in the thread though. I'm going to make $190K this year...yall really think I should get a check? That check will go straight to my savings and I don't need it. If they send it to me, I'm not turning it down though.
The reason it shouldn’t matter how much you make is because a guy that may make 200,000 running a business might be spending a lot of that to keep the business running and if his business is shuttered during this pandemic then he’s fukked and so are his employees so every little bit helps so if you can save it, kudos but not every high earner is in that position.

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
yeah, the dems changed their tune from this:

as many can imagine, its a rapidly changing situation across the board - what people are upset about or calling out is the fact that the immediate response from the democrats wasn't based around complete coverage but targeted assistance

I just think people shouldn’t group all Democrats into one category on this situation. Pelosi wanted a more modest plan, but there have been a good number of Dems advocating for bold proposals.

Daps
thats pelosi. AOC bernie and others was proposing everyone gets a check from the start.

mitt romney was the first republican to get on board with cutting Americans a check after dems proposed it.

I'm not suprised pelosi would agree with the majority republican senate for targeted assistence.
Pelosi is an obstacle to the changes this country desperately needs. She's being primaries by a dude named Shahid Buttar. He's got a Mount Everest to climb to defeat her, but I'm definitely hoping for a defeat. Would be the most epic shyt ever.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just suspend payments and nationalize everything

I've dropped out of the rat race for 7 years no housing costs, healthcare, or real bills to speak of. I'll give my checks to a couple of aunts but this is dumb as fukk with COL being so varied.

God forbid we give up the game and let everyone see these factitious ducktails for what they are

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I mean cutting a check to everyone doesn't make sense but I'd probably bump the threshold a little bit. $65K isn't anything some places (NYC, LA, etc.). I'm a little surprised by responses in the thread though. I'm going to make $190K this year...yall really think I should get a check? That check will go straight to my savings and I don't need it. If they send it to me, I'm not turning it down though.
i hear you, but with a time sensitive issue its not really practical to assign a survey - and if you decide to put a down payment on something or do something nice the option of worry free spending is there for free
I just think people shouldn’t group all Democrats into one category on this situation. Pelosi wanted a more modest plan, but there have been a good number of Dems advocating for bold proposals.
That happens because the DNC and the tenured established dems will actively primary out, undercut, belittle, and diminish the efforts of other democrats. That attitude regularly comes from the leadership of democrats. Pelosi, Schumer, even Hillary though she holds no office.

Obstructing their own is bad enough, but when it leaks into active crises like the one now? I'm entirely understanding of people who want to vent frustrations for dems who can't even get out of their own way for things their party claims to want.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Why is blatant right wing propaganda constantly being posted on this forum during election years.

Meanwhile in reality, the actual democrat proposal:

this site is astroturfed heavy. whenever something is trending elsewhere on the net, it shows up here quickly with a conservative slant without context and promoting misinformation.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
thats pelosi. AOC bernie and others was proposing everyone gets a check from the start.

mitt romney was the first republican to get on board with cutting Americans a check after dems proposed it.

I'm not suprised pelosi would agree with the majority republican senate for targeted assistence.
Well Pelosi is the one running shyt so :yeshrug: get the fukk out the way and be an asset is all people ask