Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one who still has a job needs it, I actually think they should just focus on unemployment and make it easier for people who still have jobs but at reduced hours to get it. And the phase out starts at 75k, that’s a very middle class income out here. Pocket watchers - people like you - would cry but the reality is someone making 90k in the bay isn’t living the life of someone making that in Texas. You can’t even buy a house on 90k income out here. It’s not unreasonable to have that phase out be 100k in high COL areas

Lastly, it’s always something people will cry about in these bills, you been crying about expanded UI, someone else crying we should all get 2k a month, someone else talking about 8k checks, the house and senate crying about what they cry about...that’s why there’s no new signed bill

Y’all realize it’s adjusted gross income not your salary right? I make 100K plus and I got a check for a few hundred dollars.

Btw, I believe I threw away the debit card when it came in the mail because I thought it was junk mail. I’ve been trying to contact the IRS to get my check but I can’t get through. :heh:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah but it was a standalone for 4 months which would bring us presumably to a biden administration. i dont see why they would turn that down.

Nando Villa was on The Young Turks today and he made an interesting point: assuming the extension was effective August 1, it would have expired at the end of November, and if the Democrats won the Republicans would just leave them hanging for the last two months before the inauguration. And if the Republicans won, they wouldn't give a fukk anymore because they're not worrying about a Trump reelection.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
When was the last time Trump was on the right side of any issue and people sided with him? Miss me with the hand wringing.

Dems should hold firm for unemployment befits. This economy is fukked, people need help. And frankly, Biden needs to be running on monthly checks to essential and non essential workers. At least $1000 a month.

$1,000/month for everyone. Let’s do it