Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's not how this works, states already borrow from the fed to fund things like UI. this is a federal program. furthermore, NY, CA, MA, etc contribute way more to the Fed tax reserve and economy than Mississippi, OK, WV, etc. you need to keep your cash cows healthy, they easily could've created exceptions for a handful of states with higher thresholds, if CA, HI, NY, NJ were red states or swing states, they'd make the exceptions in an instant....kinda the way they sent a shyt load of supplies to FL while snubbing NY at the height of NY's outbreak
well im not sure how you would calculate that in a federal government bill that gives the same payment to every american :yeshrug:

ive never understood the correlation between blue states "having to" overspend on public bullshyt and being blue, but it's their internal business and their cost of living. they need to pay out state benefits that reflect that

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
well im not sure how you would calculate that in a federal government bill that gives the same payment to every american :yeshrug:

ive never understood the correlation between blue states "having to" overspend on public bullshyt and being blue, but it's their internal business and their cost of living. they need to pay out state benefits that reflect that
i don't even know what you're trying to say here. state spending has nothing to do with COL. and it's easy to identify states with large populations living in places above the avg CPI. all you have to do is say 'for ca, ny, HI, NJ, DC, MA, CT income limits for the stim phase out are 90-110 for individuals, 200-250 for couples'...no one is saying make the stimulus check bigger for them, simply extend the income caps and pahse out

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
state spending has nothing to do with COL.
:skip: OK
all you have to do is say 'for ca, ny, HI, NJ, DC, MA, CT income limits for the stim phase out are 90-110 for individuals, 200-250 for couples'...
there would have been a huge outcry over that in a federal bill :heh: come on

and if you didnt lose your job and you're still making 100 grand a year, you dont "need" that 1200 dollar check as a "stimulus"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:skip: OK

there would have been a huge outcry over that in a federal bill :heh: come on

and if you didnt lose your job and you're still making 100 grand a year, you dont "need" that 1200 dollar check as a "stimulus"
No one who still has a job needs it, I actually think they should just focus on unemployment and make it easier for people who still have jobs but at reduced hours to get it. And the phase out starts at 75k, that’s a very middle class income out here. Pocket watchers - people like you - would cry but the reality is someone making 90k in the bay isn’t living the life of someone making that in Texas. You can’t even buy a house on 90k income out here. It’s not unreasonable to have that phase out be 100k in high COL areas

Lastly, it’s always something people will cry about in these bills, you been crying about expanded UI, someone else crying we should all get 2k a month, someone else talking about 8k checks, the house and senate crying about what they cry about...that’s why there’s no new signed bill

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one who still has a job needs it, I actually think they should just focus on unemployment and make it easier for people who still have jobs but at reduced hours to get it. And the phase out starts at 75k, that’s a very middle class income out here. Pocket watchers - people like you - would cry but the reality is someone making 90k in the bay isn’t living the life of someone making that in Texas. You can’t even buy a house on 90k income out here. It’s not unreasonable to have that phase out be 100k in high COL areas

Lastly, it’s always something people will cry about in these bills, you been crying about expanded UI, someone else crying we should all get 2k a month, someone else talking about 8k checks, the house and senate crying about what they cry about...that’s why there’s no new signed bill
what phase out are you talking about :dwillhuh: we were talking about unemployment, theres no phase out with that

the only "phase out" is in the one time check. and no, i don't think it's a grave injustice that people who make ten thousand dollars a month dont get a 1200 dollar check

whatever :dead: you win

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
what phase out are you talking about :dwillhuh: we were talking about unemployment, theres no phase out with that

the only "phase out" is in the one time check. and no, i don't think it's a grave injustice that people who make ten thousand dollars a month dont get a 1200 dollar check

whatever :dead: you win
I’ve been talking about the stimulus the whole time, how are you gonna jump in a convo and not even know wtf you’re addressing? :what:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
watch the caving begin

chuck and nancy are incapable of getting out ahead on messaging. its fukkin embarrassing

their era needs to end on january 21st :camby:

Is it really the Democrats who are holding onto the bill? Cause both been playing around for a whole month really. Now that their vacation is cancelled there gonna have to give more effort than before.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it really the Democrats who are holding onto the bill? Cause both been playing around for a whole month really. Now that their vacation is cancelled there gonna have to give more effort than before.
its a 50/50 effort :yeshrug:

but think about the last bill. the rethugs put together a fukkin 500 billiin dollar corporate slush fund and then said the dems were holding it up because they dont care about the american people :snoop:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
its a 50/50 effort :yeshrug:

but think about the last bill. the rethugs put together a fukkin 500 billiin dollar corporate slush fund and then said the dems were holding it up because they dont care about the american people :snoop:

Democrats also did propose that $2000 stimulus along with the $1200 but the Republicans went on vacation. Somethings gotta give now. I don’t know how quick this will pass if there gonna just bicker back and forth.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Democrats also did propose that $2000 stimulus along with the $1200 but the Republicans went on vacation. Somethings gotta give now. I don’t know how quick this will pass if there gonna just bicker back and forth.
:dead: i have no idea how this plays out

my guess is 400 a week, plus liability protection, plus 1200 for everyone