Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm well aware of that. Single people with no kids are getting the shaft big time
Less 200 is not getting the shaft, and ahh well, people with a household to support >>> single people. The shaft is these limits that exclude people who are very middle class in high COL areas, the “blue state tax” the petty GOP enacts.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Less 200 is not getting the shaft, and ahh well, people with a household to support >>> single people. The shaft is these limits that exclude people who are very middle class in high COL areas, the “blue state tax” the petty GOP enacts.

Getting a lower stimulus check alongside reduced or terminated unemployment compared to a married couple with jobs and 2 kids getting 4k isn't the shaft? :mjlol: ok you got it

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Getting a lower stimulus check alongside reduced or terminated unemployment compared to a married couple with jobs and 2 kids getting 4k isn't the shaft? :mjlol: ok you got it
You pulled these arbitrary examples. There are fully employed single people and unemployed couples...so like I said, regarding this stimulus - all those other factors are independent of this check - getting 200 less isn’t “the shaft”.

hopefully this helps less well to do parents get the tech they need for their kids to support all this distance learning

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You pulled these arbitrary examples. There are fully employed single people and unemployed couples...so like I said, regarding this stimulus - all those other factors are independent of this check - getting 200 less isn’t “the shaft”.

hopefully this helps less well to do parents get the tech they need for their kids to support all this distance learning
I need to get a standing desk for my son. :mjgrin:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The shaft is these limits that exclude people who are very middle class in high COL areas, the “blue state tax” the petty GOP enacts.
true, but the expensive states need to step it up on that, for their own people. their cost of living is their business :yeshrug:

the federal government's COL calculation is naturally gonna land somewhere between shythole, Mississippi and San Francisco. california needs to pick up the rest of that slack, not the fed

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
true, but the expensive states need to step it up on that, for their own people. their cost of living is their business :yeshrug:

the federal government's COL calculation is naturally gonna land somewhere between shythole, Mississippi and San Francisco. california needs to pick up the rest of that slack, not the fed
that's not how this works, states already borrow from the fed to fund things like UI. this is a federal program. furthermore, NY, CA, MA, etc contribute way more to the Fed tax reserve and economy than Mississippi, OK, WV, etc. you need to keep your cash cows healthy, they easily could've created exceptions for a handful of states with higher thresholds, if CA, HI, NY, NJ were red states or swing states, they'd make the exceptions in an instant....kinda the way they sent a shyt load of supplies to FL while snubbing NY at the height of NY's outbreak