Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
we’re going to really have to rethink our economy going forwards...

Hopefully the Dems are up for some tough choices.

Republicans clearly aren’t up for the task and are content with everyone dying
This is what the Republicans want though.

I said this before in TLR when people were coming after the fact people were making more with the 600. They would have to use that money to survive until the end of the year most likely.

The GOP saw what happened when Obama passed the ACA. The Dems got punished for trying to fix healthcare and helping bailout Wall Street.

So why not just kick the ball to them and let the Dems get punished and be back in power in two years? That’s why McConnell keeps talking about the filibuster. He’s resigned to some kind of minority position but not a super majority.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This is what the Republicans want though.

I said this before in TLR when people were coming after the fact people were making more with the 600. They would have to use that money to survive until the end of the year most likely.

The GOP saw what happened when Obama passed the ACA. The Dems got punished for trying to fix healthcare and helping bailout Wall Street.

So why not just kick the ball to them and let the Dems get punished and be back in power in two years? That’s why McConnell keeps talking about the filibuster. He’s resigned to some kind of minority position but not a super majority.
This is why the Dems should they get 51 votes, bushes they filibuster

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This is why the Dems should they get 51 votes, bushes they filibuster
And that will play right into their hands. Liberals trying to force their beliefs on you!!

Trump was just a twisted, inept version of what they always do. I see people praising the Lincoln project and Never Trumpers but they will be right back to the same slimy techniques if he’s gone in November.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
And that will play right into their hands. Liberals trying to force their beliefs on you!!

Trump was just a twisted, inept version of what they always do. I see people praising the Lincoln project and Never Trumpers but they will be right back to the same slimes techniques if he’s gone in November.
I agree but it’s still fukk it. Abolish it. It’s an innovation that has no constitutional backing. It’s an instrument of racism to block anti lynching laws.

Get rid of it.

But Biden has no fukking choice. He will not be able to pass his agenda with 60 votes. McConnell will block everything in the minority and will not let his caucus go over to vote on all the stuff the Dems passed in the House this year and last year.

If Biden and Dems don’t abolish the filibuster, he will become unpopular with nothing tangible for 2022.

They are not going to be able to push everything with one reconciliation bill.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
America typically goes through 50 year economic cycles. We are at the tail end of the Regan economic era (1980-2030) which was unfettered capitalism, less regulation, economic bubbles every 10 years, Trickle down economics stagnating wages, high standard of living, the rise and f contract and gig economy work, student loans debt rapidly increasing income inequality and massive wealth transfers to the top. So this decade shyt has to change. This isn’t sustainable there is too many issue with the current economic model.Dems will have to maintain power for the remainder of the decade to enact meaningful change for the next 50 years. If the status quo stays the same America in its current form won’t exist in 2080.
Hell might not exist before than because of global warming

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

Trump was just a twisted, inept version of what they always do. I see people praising the Lincoln project and Never Trumpers but they will be right back to the same slimy techniques if he’s gone in November.
No, fukk them. Dems need to stop being push overs. Look at how Rethugs packed the federal court system with bozo judges. That’s why I fukk with the new blood of Dems that like to fight back. There’s more of us than them.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
No, fukk them. Dems need to stop being push overs. Look at how Rethugs packed the federal court system with bozo judges. That’s why I fukk with the new blood of Dems that like to fight back. There’s more of us than them.
Except the reason Rethuglicans got those things is because they either slow walked process(dikk move but common) or have politicized or ignored their oversight responsibility.

Fighting back is good but breaking a system further as a response ain’t a good long term solution.

A super majority would allow Dems to actually legislate and skirt the filibuster issue.

I know it sucks but it’s kind of up to voters to stop giving the GOP power until they reform their party. As long as the punishment is a couple years out of power, they won’t change.