Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Mnuchin and McConnell made it seem like they want to make sure people arent making more on unemployment than working based on their comments just now

so they will probably push for 100% match of state benefits to people or perhaps slightly more since state benefit doesnt 100% match lost earnings.

We'll see if dems go along with that

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
This is the "We're getting killed out there and it'll be worse in November..." talk they're going to have with him so he doesn't throw whatever touches his desk related to the new bill in the trash.

They know how bad it is, the longer the wait the worse it is for them. I don't trust any of them at all.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Welp, I was wrong it seem they don’t care about wining votes back.
We need to be out in full force looking for voter suppression on Election Day.

@FAH1223 get on Twitter and tell all your people to do the same.

Ain’t no way these people can be this negligent and disconnected from the general populace to not understand how vital that extra $600 is to the economy.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need to be out in full force looking for voter suppression on Election Day.

@FAH1223 get on Twitter and tell all your people to do the same.

Ain’t no way these people can be this negligent and disconnected from the general populace to not understand how vital that extra $600 is to the economy.

You're absolutely right.

For months I've been wondering how the GOP is convinced they can do nothing for the American people and not even act like this is an election year, but still seem to think they're going to win in November.

The only ace in their sleeve I can see is mass voter suppression.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
You're absolutely right.

For months I've been wondering how the GOP is convinced they can do nothing for the American people and not even act like this is an election year, but still seem to think they're going to win in November.

The only ace in their sleeve I can see is mass voter suppression.
On social media most conservatives are saying "we dont need stimilus or extra unemployment, we need everyone to go back to work" or "people are lazy, abusing the system to make more not working" :dead:

There aint enough jobs :mindblown:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I couldn't help but think that the GOP is slow playing this and will just be negotiating trading liability protection for stimulus/unemployment extension but it seems that the GOP really doesn't give a fukk. It's incredible.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I couldn't help but think that the GOP is slow playing this and will just be negotiating trading liability protection for stimulus/unemployment extension but it seems that the GOP really doesn't give a fukk. It's incredible.

they really don’t know what they’re doing.

For example, if they are willing to cut payroll taxes, they might as well give everyone a bigger stimulus just based on the math. The people who will benefit the most are the high earners, who won’t spend it. They will either sit on it or invest it. At least with the stimulus for everyone, more people will actually spend the money.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
they really don’t know what they’re doing.

For example, if they are willing to cut payroll taxes, they might as well give everyone a bigger stimulus just based on the math. The people who will benefit the most are the high earners, who won’t spend it. They will either sit on it or invest it. At least with the stimulus for everyone, more people will actually spend the money.
I have to look this up, but I was watching CNBC recently and they said there’s a study that shows people who are receiving the unemployment benefits and are making more than they used to, are also spending more than they used to, which means they’re...........

stimulating the economy.

How’s that a bad thing. :mindblown:

They not even saving their money, like someone like me who’s employed full time and makes more than the unemployment benefits......