Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the same city and states that are all on their hands and knees begging the fed to bail them out? :dahell:

That Federal government said no so fukk their say in what the states and cities do. Trump and his administration has been hands off this whole time and McConnell has basically told states to go bankrupt, so if the states are on their own why should they open up just because the Federal government says they should if it's not in the best interest of the state.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Federal government said no so fukk their say in what the states and cities do. Trump and his administration has been hands off this whole time and McConnell has basically told states to go bankrupt, so if the states are on their own why should they open up just because the Federal government says they should if it's not in the best interest of the state.
uhhh... are you aware that all 50 states have started to open up :dahell: what the fukk are you talking about?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm just trying to be realistic about what the next 3 months look like :yeshrug: all 50 states have started to open. there's still 2.5 months left of unemployment benefits which in all likelihood won't be around after july. it seems that the reality of the situation is not going to be what most people in here, want it to be

we can all sit in a circle and say "the country should stay closed indefinitely and the government should guarantee everyone's salary", but what's the use of that? it's not gonna happen in a million years :dead:

Opening up won’t really matter if people are scared to go out anyway. Look at Georgia. Unemployment keeps going up.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so we stay in until no one is scared :dahell: what the hell kinda metric is that?

Settle down. I’m just making an observation.

This ain’t the Rona Field of Dreams. “If you open it, they will come.”

I see you in the boiler room thread. I got investments too that benefit from getting things back to normal. But, there is evidence in Georgia that “opening up” is not curbing unemployment. So then, what next?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Settle down. I’m just making an observation.

This ain’t the Rona Field of Dreams. “If you open it, they will come.”

I see you in the boiler room thread. I got investments too that benefit from getting things back to normal. But, there is evidence in Georgia that “opening up” is not curbing unemployment. So then, what next?
actually, the what next question falls to you. ive been pretty clear that i think we need to gradually reopen :yeshrug:maybe im wrong, but thats my realistic observation

your position seems to be that everyone should stay inside for two years and the government should give us all a hundred grand. is that about right?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually, the what next question falls to you. ive been pretty clear that i think we need to gradually reopen :yeshrug:maybe im wrong, but thats my realistic observation

your position seems to be that everyone should stay inside for two years and the government should give us all a hundred grand. is that about right?

I’m not saying that at all. Like @AZBeauty said in the other thread, you are being delusional in your thinking that “opening up” is some silver bullet. It clearly is not.

We should be looking at countries like New Zealand, South Korea or Germany. They were able to get their arms around this thing with robust testing and contact tracing. They brought down their cases and deaths to such a low point, that the people felt more comfortable going out and getting back to normal. As long as our cases are going up and deaths are climbing, people will be afraid to go out even if we open everything up.

Do you feel comfortable going to packed restaurants or bars?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not saying that at all. Like @AZBeauty said in the other thread, you are being delusional in your thinking that “opening up” is some silver bullet. It clearly is not.

We should be looking at countries like New Zealand, South Korea or Germany. They were able to get their arms around this thing with robust testing and contact tracing. They brought down their cases and deaths to such a low point, that the people felt more comfortable going out and getting back to normal. As long as our cases are going up and deaths are climbing, people will be afraid to go out even if we open everything up.

Do you feel comfortable going to packed restaurants or bars?
yeah :yeshrug: starting in a month or so. if they open up in july then ill be there

if they dont, im not gonna protest it. but i empathize with the hundreds of thousands of businesses that will go under forever, and i would start to question up to what point the government has the right to dictate your life

i mean serious question: the STATED goal was to flatten the curve. havent we done that? :dahell:

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Only thing good about this is more companies getting away from "you must come to office ' mentality. Save ppl 2+ hours in traffic

It'll probably be more cost beneficial too. Less office space rent vs UCaaS increase should be net positive to their cost

Not like the savings will really be passed on to employees and I’m sure they’ll increasingly find ways to monitor and interact with you at home

I’m sure there are economic and health benefits to not commuting but I never minded it granted I was young man

It’s not like most people can get rid of their cars or we by not having to commute

I’m pretty neutral on work from home

Last edited:

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Not like the savings will really be passed on to employees and I’m sure they’ll increasingly find ways to monitor and interact with you at home
True about the savings not being passed on to employees :francis:

Monitor "big brother ".... i forgot about :mjcry: i don't really have anything to worry about....just don't want dumb questions if I take my dog for walk between conference calls (that require no prep time ) I tend to work more at night too since WFH:hhh:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah :yeshrug: starting in a month or so. if they open up in july then ill be there

if they dont, im not gonna protest it. but i empathize with the hundreds of thousands of businesses that will go under forever, and i would start to question up to what point the government has the right to dictate your life

i mean serious question: the STATED goal was to flatten the curve. havent we done that? :dahell:

You live in the Tristate area right? Have they flattened the curve? When you do venture out to bars, restaurants and the shore, start a thread and let us know how it works out for you. We can use a guinea pig. Do it for the Coli.