Steven Spielberg is the Greatest Director of All Time.....

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do they?

I haven't seen all their stuff but I really like Fargo, The Big Lebowski and No Country for Old Men. Hated The Ladykillers.

O Brother Where Art Thou?, Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, True Grit, and Raising Arizona are all classics IMO too. I think Miller's Crossing is one of the most underrated movies ever.

Blood Simple, The Man Who Wasn't There, Burn After Reading, and A Serious Man are all good too.

Ladykillers is far and away their worst film...but even their other movies considered not as good like Hudsucker Proxy and Intolerable Cruelty are still entertaining to me.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Well they did Steven Dirty. It's all good Steven. You still one of the Greatest. Ang Lee made an amazing film that got 11 nominations also. Daniel Day still made history and became the 1st actor to win an Oscar in a Spielberg film which is crazy interesting. Anyways Steven has nothing to be sad about. He took "Lincoln" to Blockbuster Status. He's won several of Oscars during his time. This year kinda of reminded me of "The Color Purple" year where it got 11 nominations and won not a single Oscar. "Lincoln" walked out with 2.

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
Damn, that was a clean sweep :russ:

One of the most boring directors ever, far from the greatest or most versatile

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
what makes someone the best director? is it a quantity to quality ratio or what. I feel like a film like terminator/terminator 2 and aliens alone puts James Cameron ahead of Spielberg. Kubrick films are hit or miss with me but you could also argue 2001 is better than anything Spielberg has done

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
what makes someone the best director? is it a quantity to quality ratio or what

This is why I placed Kubrick at the top of my list.

fukk, even Leone has a better quality of work than a lot of the directors mentioned in this thread.

Spielberg's movies have a lot of heart. But usually it's because the writing is good. The guy knows how to pick and choose projects/good scripts. Hardly ever do you find anything below the surface of any Spielberg movie. It is what it is most of the time. :yeshrug:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I can't remember if anyone mentioned "catch me if you can" but that movie was dope as fukk. that's the movie that put me on to :leostare: as a serious actor.

mario

Daps
Reppin
MIAMI
Haven't gone through the whole thread, but has there been any mention of Tarantino

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Haven't gone through the whole thread, but has there been any mention of Tarantino
Tarantino is definitely top 10, but Spielberg has crossed genres and dropped so many masterpieces...Jaws, Indiana Jones flicks, Schindler's List, Munich, Jurassic park, etc.

Most underrated director is easily John Carpenter.