Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The movie looks a million times better than I was anticipating and I am actually excited to see it now.
However I still have an issue with Pennywise looking so fukking evil at all times.
He will take on different, deceiving forms in the movie.

Hell, even Curry's version always maintained that sinister look.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He's a monster from another dimension :mjlol:He better be evil:demonic:
You are missing the point...It isn't supposed to look like an evil monster that will eat your soul at all times.
The fact that he looks like a kid's party clown and then rips your head off was one of the cool things about the character in the book and was handled well in the TV movie.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a monster from another dimension :mjlol:He better be evil:demonic:

I agree with him tho. Pennywise is supposed to look non-threatening in clown form. He's supposed to lure kids, not scare them away. This Pennywise has face that would make a toddler burst into tears.

Chronic

All Star
Daps
I really like that scene when you saw Pennywise in that book :ohhh:
Now I'm curious whether that's a legit drawing by someone who saw him or he just manifested himself inside the book like he did with the projector and the drawing will suddenly move and threaten the kid which is why the kid suddenly shut the book close in the next scene. :ohhh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Now I'm curious whether that's a legit drawing by someone who saw him or he just manifested himself inside the book like he did with the projector and the drawing will suddenly move and threaten the kid which is why the kid suddenly shut the book close in the next scene. :ohhh:
:ohhh::ooh::damn::damn:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lots Of Details On The “IT” Adaptation
By Garth Franklin
Saturday, July 29th 2017 1:26 pm

In the wake of the final trailer release of “IT” this week, a bunch of set visit reports and quotes from the film’s cast and crew have gone online. The various pieces answer some questions about what has and hasn’t made it into this adaptation of the Stephen King novel.
Producer Barbara Muschietti says that the massacre at The Black Spot sequence was in the script but they couldn’t pull it off with their budget. As a result, they’ve reconfigured it to serve as the opening for the second film.
Director Andres Muschietti also went into detail about two scenes cut purely for budgetary reasons:
“There are two sequences that I thought of that I had to postpone until more money comes. One is a flashback, that sort of portrays the first encounter of It and humans, which is an amazing scene. And the other is a dream, where Bill sees – he’s leaning on a bridge, in Derry, and he’s spitting on the Kenduskeag Stream, and suddenly he sees the reflection of a balloon. And he looks up and it’s not one balloon, but a bunch of balloons, and then he starts to see body parts, and the shot goes wider and it’s a multitude of dead kids floating. I couldn’t afford it.”
One thing that has been deliberately cut is the whole cosmic mythology with the Turtle. There are easter egg tributes to it though, including a LEGO turtle who has a presence in key moments of the story. Same goes for the giant spider form of IT which is not being used here.
They go sparingly with Pennywise the Clown, using him “as little as we possibly can” so that when he does appear in clown form (mostly in the third act) it has an impact. They briefly did consider Tilda Swinton for the role and had a conversation with the previously cast Will Poulter at points, but both had scheduling conflicts.
They ultimately scored Bill Skarsgard who dons a number of different voices depending on his persona. Muschietti says the biggest changes made to Cary Fukunaga’s version of the script is that they’ve emphasised the shape-shifting nature of the character.
With the sequel, though the adults will come into it there will be plenty of stuff with the kids as well as Muschietti says:
“I always insisted that if there is a second part, there would be a dialogue between the two timelines, and that it would be approached like the adult life of the losers, there would be flashbacks that sort of illuminate events that are not told in the first one.”
He also confirms they did not shoot those flashbacks while they filmed the first part. The first film is designed to function as a standalone movie with no cliffhangers or unnecessary teases beyond one of the final scenes setting the stage for the second part.
They did do as much of the effects as they could practically with very little CG. This includes the blood geyser scene in Bev’s bathroom which was all practical.
They also don’t over emphasise the nostalgic in the 1980s setting, saying the deliberately avoided a Spielberg, Joe Dante and “Stranger Things”-style feel for something more toned down.
“IT” opens in cinemas on September 8th.
Sources: Collider, BD