Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
You are missing the point...It isn't supposed to look like an evil monster that will eat your soul at all times.
The fact that he looks like a kid's party clown and then rips your head off was one of the cool things about the character in the book and was handled well in the TV movie.

They COMPLETELY don't get the point of Pennywise or didn't read the books. There's things to shyt on about the original film but Tim Curry's portrayal of Pennywise is NOT one of them.

I actually disagree. The thing about Pennywise is that once he engaged with his prey, they were kinda spellbound. The book never described him as appearing nonthreatening to lure kids. He always looked sinister.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
“There are two sequences that I thought of that I had to postpone until more money comes. One is a flashback, that sort of portrays the first encounter of It and humans, which is an amazing scene. And the other is a dream, where Bill sees – he’s leaning on a bridge, in Derry, and he’s spitting on the Kenduskeag Stream, and suddenly he sees the reflection of a balloon. And he looks up and it’s not one balloon, but a bunch of balloons, and then he starts to see body parts, and the shot goes wider and it’s a multitude of dead kids floating. I couldn’t afford it.”
One thing that has been deliberately cut is the whole cosmic mythology with the Turtle. There are easter egg tributes to it though, including a LEGO turtle who has a presence in key moments of the story. Same goes for the giant spider form of IT which is not being used here.

:francis:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Now I'm curious whether that's a legit drawing by someone who saw him or he just manifested himself inside the book like he did with the projector and the drawing will suddenly move and threaten the kid which is why the kid suddenly shut the book close in the next scene. :ohhh:
Better be manifested.

He's a cosmic entity.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Lots Of Details On The “IT” Adaptation
By Garth Franklin
Saturday, July 29th 2017 1:26 pm

Director Andres Muschietti also went into detail about two scenes cut purely for budgetary reasons:
“There are two sequences that I thought of that I had to postpone until more money comes. One is a flashback, that sort of portrays the first encounter of It and humans, which is an amazing scene. And the other is a dream, where Bill sees – he’s leaning on a bridge, in Derry, and he’s spitting on the Kenduskeag Stream, and suddenly he sees the reflection of a balloon. And he looks up and it’s not one balloon, but a bunch of balloons, and then he starts to see body parts, and the shot goes wider and it’s a multitude of dead kids floating. I couldn’t afford it.”
One thing that has been deliberately cut is the whole cosmic mythology with the Turtle. There are easter egg tributes to it though, including a LEGO turtle who has a presence in key moments of the story. Same goes for the giant spider form of IT which is not being used here.

Sources: Collider, BD
:damn:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I wish Warner and Columbia would've gotten together and created this whole Stephen King universe. Still pissed Maturin aint in this or be mentioned.

I'm hoping this first film does enough numbers to increase the budget for the second film and allow Muschetti to circle back on some of the things he had to leave out.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm hoping this first film does enough numbers to increase the budget for the second film and allow Muschetti to circle back on some of the things he had to leave out.

Me too, but I'm glad it's over 2 hours though. That's really rare in horror films to he that long. So it seems like the pacing for film is gone be smooth. Great for Character development