Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
1mbsv9.gif

Just made my new forum gif :wow:

i stole and saved on my phone. Lol hoes gonna freak out

Daps
I understand what you meant but no studio was gonna put money in that script. It was too edgy and over the top. Even so if it was made, people would still hate it or love it.
And I completely understand that, there's themes all throughout King's novels that aren't fit for general consumption. However, I'm not really interested in a horror remake that's done purely for the palate of the [general] public, not when somebody had a vision to keep the spirit of the original piece intact. Like Cary said, "They didn’t want any characters, they wanted archetypes and scares. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive."

I can turn a blind eye to a few character changes and deviation in storyline, I can't however turn a blind eye to a change in tone, non-existent character study and subtext thrown in the bushes.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Like Cary said, "They didn’t want any characters, they wanted archetypes and scares. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive."

SK apparently caught an early screening of the film and gave his blessing, so there's hope. If nothing else, this movie won't have to try very hard to improve upon the first film.

Wow, that looks excellent. So is this movie going to focus solely on the group as kids? Will there be a sequel dealing with their return to Derry as adults?

Yes, unless this first film absolutely tanks.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers this does at the box office...

I just don't know how viable this type of horror is anymore as far as making money...

Watching that trailer every scene that i felt was supposed to be scary made me think about how i've seen the same scenes in dozens of other movies already...

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
If I remember correctly, Fukunaga wanted to focus on Beverly (and as a result, the predatory nature of her father). Wonder if that was the big issue. That came off heavy in the leaked script. I'm hoping the success of Stranger Things led to the current director meeting in the middle of where Fukunaga and the studio wanted to be.
Did he want to film the train that the boys ran on Beverly in the sewers?:francis:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Any of yall seen "It Follows"?

I thought the way horror and suspense was handled in that would translate brilliantly in this.

Slightly humorous, but always on edge and sometimes legit disturbed.

This type of movie, with the way true horror fans have outgrown modern horror film devices, deserves intelligent design.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
And I completely understand that, there's themes all throughout King's novels that aren't fit for general consumption. However, I'm not really interested in a horror remake that's done purely for the palate of the [general] public, not when somebody had a vision to keep the spirit of the original piece intact. Like Cary said, "They didn’t want any characters, they wanted archetypes and scares. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive."

I can turn a blind eye to a few character changes and deviation in storyline, I can't however turn a blind eye to a change in tone, non-existent character study and subtext thrown in the bushes.

You actully got me thinking how many unique takes of some of the recent horror remake scripts(friday the 13, nightmare etc) that got turned down because the studio wanted to stick with the tradional format. Like i agree totally with what you saying and , they still used a good amount of carys script from what i read. So hopefully the movie will not turn out to be a cookie cutter adaption with a bunch of jump scares