Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Georgie hitting his head was hilarious, worked great how they edited that scene. Sucks to know he aint gonna be able to rub off the next round of pain he about to get from pennywise :mjcry:
I hope they add that penny rips his arm off.

Didn't the og movie say that his arm was ripped off like a fly?:mjlol::mjcry:

Daps
And how do you know it won't push the envelope?
:usure:

Because I know it's not going to be a take in the same vein that Fukunaga was going for, and I quote -
Fukunaga: “I was trying to make an unconventional horror film. It didn’t fit into the algorithm of what they knew they could spend and make money back on based on not offending their standard genre audience. Our budget was perfectly fine. We were always hovering at the $32 million mark, which was their budget. It was the creative that we were really battling. It was two movies. They didn’t care about that. In the first movie, what I was trying to do was an elevated horror film with actual characters. They didn’t want any characters. They wanted archetypes and scares. I wrote the script. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Looks awesome...mayhave to grab the original havnt seen it since I was like 10

RoidJonesJr

Superstar
Daps
Has anyone ready the book? After seeing the trailer i'm interested but I heard it's 1000 pages long :damn:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio

Because I know it's not going to be a take in the same vein that Fukunaga was going for, and I quote -

If I remember correctly, Fukunaga wanted to focus on Beverly (and as a result, the predatory nature of her father). Wonder if that was the big issue. That came off heavy in the leaked script. I'm hoping the success of Stranger Things led to the current director meeting in the middle of where Fukunaga and the studio wanted to be.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The new Pennywise :merchant: only thing that would make him scarier is the di di pickles haircut

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Has anyone ready the book? After seeing the trailer i'm interested but I heard it's 1000 pages long :damn:

Probably read IT close to 10x. You can skim past some of it if you don't have the time to knock out the full book (he devotes entire chapters to some of the town's history that shows Pennywise's grip on the town, but it's not crucial to the overall book).

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm wrong because I'd rather a different take that's more in the spirit of the novel; a vessel of a character study (that we hardly ever get in horror), than just a standardized, b*stardized remake that doesn't push the envelope?

Makes total sense.:heh:

Ive read carys script trust me its b*stardized as well. Cary took major liberities in his version.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If I remember correctly, Fukunaga wanted to focus on Beverly (and as a result, the predatory nature of her father). Wonder if that was the big issue. That came off heavy in the leaked script. I'm hoping the success of Stranger Things led to the current director meeting in the middle of where Fukunaga and the studio wanted to be.

:salute: This is exactly what i was trying to say. People saying the studio should of stayed with cary as a directer clearly aint read his script.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I understand what you meant but no studio was gonna put money in that script. It was too edgy and over the top. Even so if it was made, people would still hate it or love it.