Stephen A questions why Kamala won't do interviews

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
he's rich :yeshrug:that would be in his personal best interest
Don't know about that. I can tell who is really doing well because when you are good, you should be bulletproof no matter who is in power. I never think about the economic bullshyt politicians spout. Economy better under Dems anyway but Reaganites have managed to keep this false narrative for at least 40 years. I vote for the totality of a person running for office. Wealthy people who say they vote their pocketbook just want justification for voting Repub. I'm not wealthy like SAS yet it has not mattered to me who was POTUS since 08, so I'm sure it does not matter to him. He is just full of shyt like most negros supporting ConOld Frump. The wealthiest states tend to vote blue. Big facts.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Why do you keep bringing up Donald trump when we’re talking about Kamala :dahell:

You should be capable of defending your position for Kamala without bringing up any other candidate. Having to resort to trump whataboutism every other sentence isn’t a good look.

Because that's who her opponent is, that's who she needs to beat. That's who she will be compared to, that's all she needs to be better than, to actually win.

You're entire premise is based upon this fantastical idea that she will NEVER do an interview or something. Or that she hasn't done one out some sort of "fear" or shortcoming.

you're criticizing someone who hasn't even done their DNC, and just picked their VP, for not doing an in depth interview on policy when the direct comparison hasn't done so either, while campaigning longer. In fact she has gone more I depth on policy than her opponent already.

Thus we evaluate the standard of what "should" be happening, based on what is expected from both parties. I'm not going to have way higher expectations on what should be done in a certain time frame by one person while grading the other on a curve. Which you seem to be doing.

I already explained to you why an objective interview is better than a debate. You clearly didn’t learn anything.

We want to hear Kamala explain in-depth her positions, not debate sound-bites. We don’t want filibustering and non-answers to questions from a question dodger like Kamala.

And my point is, when do these "objective" interviews ever exist? I typically don't see what you're asking for from *any* candidate. they go about as in depth as Kamala already has. Especially, once again, in comparison to her opponent. So why are you applying a standard to her that never existed for anyone else?

And even IF that interview were to exist, or happen; there isn't any strategic reason for her to have done something like that 3 weeks into her being a nominee. Rallying, introducing the VP, visiting swing states us far more advantageous and important right now.

Um no, this is basic political science or communication. Sociology :mjlol:
I told you already, stop trying to sound smart.

Uh no, political science or communication and how that impacts a general populous still requires an understanding of sociology. And falls under its umbrella.

And if this was a conversation of only political science, then you are making the argument that it is more politically effective for her to be doing "objective interviews" . Well, clearly that isn't the case...Polling indicates otherwise, and the impact of debate affects polling on a greater scale aswell. So no, what were talking about is what better showcases a humans ability to affect a mass populous, aswell as test their real time communicative ability. That taps into sociology

Analyzing in real-time how one responds to a hostile environment, and responding to potential holes or unflattering perceptions on your policy is a superior example of how you utilize your knowledge versus a canned interview where the interviewer isn't going to press that hard after their initial question.

This why in sociology classes, professors have students debate at times. They want to see how the knowledge is utilized against direct opposing criticism of those ideas.

Just because Donald is a bad debater, doesn't mean debate as a concept isn't better for showcasing an individuals ability to utilize their knowledge in real time.

Are these your gotcha's? I think "trying to sound smart" applies to you...or you haven't had these properly challenged so you actually think they are good arguments lol

Here you are again reverting trump whataboutism. Please don’t bring up character judgement when your only barometer for Kamala is “at least she’s not trump”

So you don't see the grave differences between Trumps potential policies and Kamals already at this point?

You speak as if it is Kamala that will have an issue speaking in an objective interview. All I ask for is...in comparison to what exactly?

Last edited:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Also @that guy she already detailed her economic plan. Which is already more than what her opponent has given. So again...where is this standard coming from that you aren't applying to anyone else?

BREAKING: Vice President Kamala Harris is unveiling a bold, detailed plan to lower costs for American families in her first 100 days in office. Here's what you need to know:

Housing Affordability: Harris will address the housing crisis by building 3 million new units, cutting red tape to lower rents and mortgages, and providing $25,000 in down-payment support for first-time homeowners. She’ll also take on predatory landlords and Wall Street investors who drive up housing costs.

Lowering Prescription Drug Costs: Building on her work in the Inflation Reduction Act, Harris will cap insulin at $35 and out-of-pocket drug costs at $2,000 for all Americans, not just seniors. She’ll also speed up Medicare's ability to negotiate lower drug prices and crack down on Big Pharma's abusive practices.

Reducing Grocery Costs: Harris is taking aim at price gouging in the food industry, introducing the first-ever federal ban on excessive grocery price hikes, and supporting smaller businesses to foster competition and keep prices low.

Cutting Taxes for the Middle Class:
Harris will expand the Child Tax Credit to provide up to $6,000 for families with newborns, restore the expanded credit for other families, and cut taxes for frontline workers and those who need help with health insurance.

These actions are part of Harris’s broader economic agenda to strengthen the middle class, protect Social Security and Medicare, create jobs, and ensure everyone has a...

So again, you have nothing....

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
i don't give a fukk if kamala gives interviews or not. i actually kinda think she shouldnt :dead:

she's not a great politician, and her candidacy mostly hinges on not being donald trump. why not just preserve her image as much as they can. fukk an interview
Naw breh, she has really improved. I had my misgivings at first but now I see an energy from her that was not there before. It's like she was laying in the cut waiting. She is meeting the moment, relax. Fat boy has everyone with ptsd. She has fat boy beat on every angle, and she will aptly prosecute the case against maga and defend herself from their bs. Debating him will be a layup for her. She has managed to make fat mandarin small. Biden made him the big bad sociopath, she is making him look old, uneducated and scared. Give her her due. We all thought the Dems would fumble the changeover but Biden and Nancy put on a master class. Stop being negative Nancy and relax. Trump is getting that work and the down ballots might end up like 08 or similar. Then we get to work on making who we elected accountable.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
First you said she’s doing an interview by doing a debate. Now you’re saying she doesn’t need to do interviews.

You’re right that she doesn’t need to do interviews. It’s not like her voters care about policy and her last campaign failed miserably in part due to her terrible interview responses.
No. I said she will be doing what you had originally asked:

Isn’t that what he’s asking though?

Why only speak at rallys where you’re just giving speeches instead of doing interviews where people can ask you questions?

That’s why he’s asking, why doesn’t Kamala go on a platform where she’s asked real questions?
The debate will be exactly that. Then the goalposts moved. you started going on about 'those aren't real questions' as if asking presidential candidates what they plan to do about high prices for consumers and immigration like they did in the Biden Trump debate aren't real questions.

Now her voters "don't care about policy" and something something five years ago

Yet she's gained a lot of the women voting block and even pulled some away from Trump because they don't care about her policy when it comes to abortion right? :mjlol:

Now you seem to be implying that she can only share her policies through an interview, which is not the case proven by the policy-driven speech she's doing today. So I'm gonna ask you again. With the direct voter engagement strategy she's been using til now with lots of success, plus the policy she's laying out today, DNC next week, and upcoming debate.

What problem is doing an interview right now going to solve for her campaign strategy which is already working with success?

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Stephen A Fetchit

924eedb1-32b7-4dbd-86ab-18f3c2b39417.jpg

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
No. I said she will be doing what you had originally asked:

The debate will be exactly that. Then the goalposts moved. you started going on about 'those aren't real questions' as if asking presidential candidates what they plan to do about high prices for consumers and immigration like they did in the Biden Trump debate aren't real questions.

Now her voters "don't care about policy" and something something five years ago

Yet she's gained a lot of the women voting block and even pulled some away from Trump because they don't care about her policy when it comes to abortion right? :mjlol:

Now you seem to be implying that she can only share her policies through an interview, which is not the case proven by the policy-driven speech she's doing today. So I'm gonna ask you again. With the direct voter engagement strategy she's been using til now with lots of success, plus the policy she's laying out today, DNC next week, and upcoming debate.

What problem is doing an interview right now going to solve for her campaign strategy which is already working with success?
Exactly
@that guy whole premise is based upon this idea that "real" questions come from some fantasy interview, whereas debate question aren't that; nor viable.

It's just reaching. And they never want to bring up Trump, who is a relevant comparison because they don't want to acknowledge that the main threat is him. Or that he is uniquely someone that needs to be kept from office.

Typical joe rogan esque interference tactics

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
She should only do an interview if it serves to benefit her campaign.
Asking why she isn't sabotaging her election efforts to make certain members of the media happy sounds crazy.
If how they are operating right now is working, don't fix what aint broken.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
i aint no fan of that yelling ass nikkah but he did say he was voting for her but he wants her also to be Intune with the press. I don't see the issue

"In tune with the press" like Trumps rambling lieing attention-starved ass?

:russ:

She in tune with the voters. Across all demographics. She dont have to prove nothing to Fox News. She is clearly veing heard and approved without any assistance of the media. Thats real power. Not the tired media stunts Trunp has to rely on.

She gonna throw rallies, show herself to the pu lic, and let it ride while Trump makes a jackass of himself in front of the nearest camera cus his campaign is all but dead. And a bunch of concern troll Trunp supporters pretending like shes dumb, vad at everything, and has NO policy agenda of her own while she's souring in the polls can go cry to big brother Tariq and stay mad.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
So he’s a Trump supporter, who is voting for Trump’s opponent? 😵‍💫

Yeah you think anyone could do that? Treat politics like spectator sport for the sake of shallow written content, and bandwagon jump whatever is convenient to that?

Supporting Kamala is trending. Right wing talking points about her are also trending. He's playing both for an audience and to maintain soke persona of the enlightened critic.

I think some of yall still live in an innocent world where you don't realize we surrounded by scummy Uncle Toms who will do anything for money. Especially if they're wealthy enough to be unaffected by politics. Stephen A would happily be an anti-civil rights Republican if it benefited his bottom line, and he'd happily be a Democrat "shill" if that's where the money at too.

It's why I laugh at people who listen to these rich thoughtless capitalizing internet figures like idols of black thought and think they're immune to propaganda.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Asking why she isn't sabotaging her election efforts to make certain members of the media happy sounds crazy.
If how they are operating right now is working, don't fix what aint broken.
shyt is like commentators questioning why a team that's getting a first down every play by running it up the middle isn't airing it out.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
A debate is not an interview

Youre right. It's worse than a convential interview dikkwad.

Which one would you rather, a reporter asking you tough questions; or a reporter asking you tough questions while a rival debates you on everything you, the reporter presses follow up responses, and millions of people are watching live.

Yall trying to hard to go with this right wing "Kamala has nothing" line. It just doesn't reflect reality. At all.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
She knew what time they were on and brushed them to the side

Yup.

The media just wants to drag her down into tabloid MAGA/FBA nutjob conspiracies about her disguising herself as a black woman, and yall wonder why she's focusing on her surge with speaking to voters instead. Perfect response.

She runs this show. She'll talk to the press and entertain their bullshyt about what Donald Trump has to say when she feels like it. Yall should be proud to see a black woman kicking this much ass with a political campaign, against a white nationalist icon no less, but yall love massa Trump too much. Gotta prove to daddy Tariq you ain't no shill, family.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
I literally notice some of you people here are the most bad faith, intellectually cowardly pieces of shyt ever lol How are you black bro? that's how white people move.

Yup

:sas2:

From the "defend by any cost" group think to their...well...all around right wing politics.

Has that verification thread been filled up yet. I need us to take that shyt serious. You can bet Sports, Hip Hop & Piff - The Coli, Lipstick Alley are on a quick old Arial fony text log passed around by every Republican PAC and Republican OPs pretending to be black on black websites ain't a mystery.

Manipulation of black voters by white supremacists is a real issue. Especially when we feel so comfortable telling off all oir biggest insecurities. It needs to be taken seriously, for real.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
"undecided" in August 2024... hahaha..... :mjlol:
:manny: Aye I’ll sit out before I “give” this shyt away. Racism isn’t my only voting issue this go round. I said earlier I’m a biz owner and im not voting against the interest of my wallet.
So there’s that