Steph Curry ain’t tryna live next to you ni99as! Says No to new development in his backyard

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
If i was super rich and valued my privacy i would cop a farm out in the middle of nowhere or a private island.
That's essentially what he did, until the government decided he couldn't have it anymore.
My opinions align with the state of California.
"Big Government is cool when it pushes my favored agenda"

stellarstella

Makes me wonder how I keep from going under
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Jungle - Marin City
With that said....I am generally not on the side of using "oh the neighborhood" concerns of rich people to dictate housing stock....

Caving in to wealth to dictate public policy is a dangerous and foolhardy strategy

But I dont think that was the case here because I sure as hell dont think affordable housing was what this developer was trying to build despite what it is being claimed....

Nobody is developing that given the land costs alone, the zoning permits fo what would be allowed, construction nd labor costs etc...

Somebody gonna have to show me PROOF lol
The hammer is being brought down and all of California is being forced to build affordable housing - every county and city and town. Idk if this is in the news, but it’s being talked about amongst housing authorities and county supervisors. If Atherton doesn’t build, other rich, :mjpls:
type communities will use it as a reason they don’t want to build. That can’t stand.

Might have been $1m townhomes or condos but a few would have been earmarked for “low income” by county standards. Or they could have been planning to make them BMRs (below market rate). Depending on county standards (like how much a section 8 voucher is for or income limits) you CAN buy more expensive property bc the money is guaranteed. They don’t tell black people that bc they don’t want us coming up on that shyt.

invalid

Banned
Daps
This is the average house in Atherton. They don't want density in their area. If I could afford this, I wouldn't want a multi unit building near me either.
Atherton-Home-Values.jpg

It actually is very surprising to me that Steph Curry lives in Atherton.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
The hammer is being brought down and all of California is being forced to build affordable housing - every county and city and town. Idk if this is in the news, but it’s being talked about amongst housing authorities and county supervisors. If Atherton doesn’t build, other rich, :mjpls:
type communities will use it as a reason they don’t want to build. That can’t stand.

Might have been $1m townhomes or condos but a few would have been earmarked for “low income” by county standards. Or they could have been planning to make them BMRs (below market rate). Depending on county standards (like how much a section 8 voucher is for or income limits) you CAN buy more expensive property bc the money is guaranteed. They don’t tell black people that bc they don’t want us coming up on that shyt.

Low income by county standars might be a gyno and a heart surgeon making a combined 600k tryna live with people who spend that same 600k a year on landscaping :deadrose:

stellarstella

Makes me wonder how I keep from going under
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Jungle - Marin City
Low income by county standars might be a gyno and a heart surgeon making a combined 600k tryna live with people who spend that same 600k a year on landscaping :deadrose:

Atherton is in San Mateo county and their “low income” is the same as Marin county’s: $120,000 for two people. It all depends on your house size and income…

But anyone making less then $100k can still come up if they know how to navigate or go around the gatekeepers. Like I said BMRs are a thing and you can still buy market rate with a voucher if your county has a section 8 homeownership program.

Whatever the monthly amount is, multiply it by 360 months (30 years) and that’s your price limit for a home in that county…

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
If I’m worth more than 5 mil I bet not be able to see a soul from any of my windows unless they visiting or sailing by on the ocean.

If I had Steph money I wouldn’t even allow eye contact without permission, let alone someone building a damn development in the same zip code as me.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Y’all taught me something new..I’ve never heard of Atherton. The homes there look amazing. I like watching videos of luxury homes knowing damn well I’ll never afford one
You never know what youre situation will afford you in the future. You may come into money and youll have not only an understanding of what your money can get you, but actually have preferences that youve already gained a taste for. Basically, youd be very prepared for the money, albeit superficially.

I got homes in different brackets saved. And I keep up with them. When ive been watching a $5mil home for a year go "Contingent", my heartbreaks a little bit. :to:Its all part of the motivation to get better. If I win the lottery, I can hit the ground running and already know what I want and where it is. :blessed:

SuaveyBoi115

All Star
Daps

boi-aint-no-way-boi.gif

Maybe I can live here in another lifetime :wow:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Maybe I can live here in another lifetime :wow:

$49M!!!! :picard: