Steph Curry ain’t tryna live next to you ni99as! Says No to new development in his backyard

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Atherton is the very high end of rich people bro.

What the hell were those housing units going to be or rent for? I am sure that rent was gonna START at 5K for a shoebox

Hell Steph is very rich and he might be the poorest dude in that neighborhood

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dude lives in Atherton. Possibly the richest zipcode in the US. Par for the course. :manny:

This is the average house in Atherton. They don't want density in their area. If I could afford this, I wouldn't want a multi unit building near me either.
Atherton-Home-Values.jpg

it's atherton, that city always been opposed to million dollar condos "bringing down the value" of their multimillion dollar homes

Atherton is the very high end of rich people bron...

What the hell were those housing units going to be or rent for? I am sure that rent was gonna START at 5K for a shoebox

Hell Steph is very rich and he might be the poorest dude in that neighborhood

Y’all taught me something new..I’ve never heard of Atherton. The homes there look amazing. I like watching videos of luxury homes knowing damn well I’ll never afford one

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I’m sure every cac in the area voted no, but Curry is the one getting “exposed” for it :francis:

That’s how the cookie crumble… :manny:

I’m pretty sure most of the white folks don’t be talking about social justice either. Like if you don’t want to live around people who can afford 1-5 townhomes then think about what you think about poor people.

They basically saying their life is in danger by just wealthy people moving nearby:mjlol: if that’s the case then what if it was real poor people:picard:

And shidd I would have voted no as well but then again I’m not one of the faces of NBA social justice movement either.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Y’all taught me something new..I’ve never heard of Atherton. The homes there look amazing. I like watching videos of luxury homes knowing damn well I’ll never afford one

Bruh that shyt is billionaire central...

People like Larry Ellison and the google cofounders own properties there..

Heck some of them own multiple 20-30M properties in that neighborhood.....and COULD FLIP THEM FOR 50-60M plus

:mjlol: :mjlol:

Whatever that developer was building was gonna be some bougie ass condos for people who want to stunt above their paycheck by living close to people with money longer than 100 generations

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I hate when these developers go into an area and build much cheaper homes than what’s in the immediate vicinity.

When me and my wife were looking for a house we would see signs for new homes in an established neighborhood and the new homes they were building were much smaller and on 1/3 acre lots when the surrounding homes were on 1.5-2 acres. Forget what the people already living there thought, I wouldn’t feel comfortable in a cookie cutter 350k home and my neighbors are in 950k estates.

Last edited:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Everybody going in on Steph but he’s just one of however many people that I’m sure also opposed this shyt.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
These developers are shaping local laws with their rent seeking. Actual local residents have the right to fight that influence just as much.

Don't like it? "Develop" somewhere else.

If you say so; they can do it in the designated zones for said housing.

Shortsighted? Nothing about what I said was shortsighted. Develop in the appropriate zones and stop trying to force it on communities that do not want it.

Get out your feelings and grow up. There are two sides to this situation and just asserting your side is right doesn't inherently make it right.

The biggest driver in the law allowing development is housing shortages in California, not developers lobbying.

Well, California disagrees with your retarded point of view. A neighborhood can't decide to close off it's borders to other citizens. That's what affluent neighborhoods did to black folk back in the 50s and 60s. Using the same retarded logic. "Oh it'll make property values decrease". fukk you and your property value :mjlol:

Developers are building housing to alleviate a social issue (and make money of course in the process). The net benefit to California is positive. fukk who some nimbys think... Including Steph Curry and his temporary embarrassed millionaire stans caping in this thread :umad:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
You shouldn't be able to pay millions just to get away from people and impose your will on the community. You don't own the entire town, if you want more privacy then buy more land.

Truth

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Hate to say it but capitalism and social justice dont mix.

Just remember this the next time steph and the nikkas who think like him cry for support from dem "undesirables"

King Poetic

Lock, Stock & two 22 Glocks
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black House , California
Ok so this is about wealthy athletes, executives, entertainers, etc that don’t want the people making say 1 million or close to it a year in their area,,,

So none of our concerns or should I say the 1% of us coli nikkas who are not on that level

So coli heads say u live in a nice neighborhood, nice families, good schools, little crime, little noise and all of sudden there is plans for a apartment complex for low income/section 8 people to move in, what are u going to say at the neighborhood meeting??

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ok so this is about wealthy athletes, executives, entertainers, etc that don’t want the people making say 1 million or close to it a year in their area,,,

So none of our concerns or should I say the 1% of us coli nikkas who are not on that level

So coli heads say u live in a nice neighborhood, nice families, good schools, little crime, little noise and all of sudden there is plans for a apartment complex for low income/section 8 people to move in, what are u going to say at the neighborhood meeting??
I would welcome it in limited numbers. contructing 4 or 5 affordable housing units is not going to turn that part of town into a hood or increase crime. Hoods are created when you try to segregate all the lower income housing into 1 area of town. When you disperse them in smaller number all across town, it has the opposite effect. the lower income are more influenced by you than other way around in those scenarios.
its about finding the right percentages,
think about it like this, if you make iced tea, put a little lemon and a little sugar, it enhances the tea. You fill the tea up with so much sugar that it basically become syrup now its ruined. Its about finding the right percentage of low income housing to put in an area, too much can be bad, but the right amount will not impact the people living there at all and will improve the situations for the lowere income people who end up in those places.
I live in a small town with like 3000 people. they built just 5 lower income duplexes that are scattered around town. Thats basically just 10 poor families. it didn't turn those streets into crime ridden areas, but rather turned into places where people with limited resources could afford to live in order to escape crime ridden areas.