States Are Lining Up to Outlaw Lab-Grown Meat

bnew

Veteran
Daps
people don't like being deceived breh
If I think I'm buying meat from a Cow, I want it to be from a real cow, not something grown in a lab that I have no idea what it actually is.

who's being deceived? we have labeling laws already in place to distinguish between lab grown meat and slaughtered meat.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Too much science and tech is not a good thing, just fukking stop already..

some people protested and screamed to stop the adoption of electricity which you use to survive everyday, people are literally dyign of starvation in the world and folks are stealing food but you're against a technology that could make a vital sustenance cost a fraction of what we pay for it now.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
some people protested and screamed to stop the adoption of electricity which you use to survive everyday, people are literally dyign of starvation in the world and folks are stealing food but you're against a technology that could make a vital sustenance cost a fraction of what we pay for it now.

Who said Technological advancement is always harmless, beneficialn to humanity and always advances at the same rate?

Saying some people protested about the adoption of electricity is a simlistic and reckless argument that fails to consider numerous angles..the thinking in the 1800s is not the thinking in the 2000s.

Suppose Im able to package nuclear power that we use to make electricty today so portable anyone can have it and carry it around..of course the implications are dire because you no longer manage what you have put out and any a$$hole with a bone to pick can cause real damage with a few mods here and there.

Just because something is labeled as a new technology doesnt automatically make it good.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
who's being deceived? we have labeling laws already in place to distinguish between lab grown meat and slaughtered meat.
This is old but folks may be thinking of this. FDA did not require labels for cloned meat. See the 10th paragraph. If I was a gambling man, my bet would be the meat industry is secretly lobbying against this and making it look like a grass roots effort and/or pushing politicians to band it.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Who said Technological advancement is always harmless, beneficialn to humanity and always advances at the same rate?

Saying some people protested about the adoption of electricity is a simlistic and reckless argument that fails to consider numerous angles..the thinking in the 1800s is not the thinking in the 2000s.

Suppose Im able to package nuclear power that we use to make electricty today so portable anyone can have it and carry it around..of course the implications are dire because you no longer manage what you have put out and any a$$hole with a bone to pick can cause real damage with a few mods here and there.

Just because something is labeled as a new technology doesnt automatically make it good.

i never said new technology is automatically good. i'll say technology that causes meat to be cheaper and safer(less risk of being contaminated with diseases) is good.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Bill Gates is buying farm land but nikkas want to eat lab grown meat.

Have to remember some of these people are agents on here.
This is EXACTLY why Bill Gates, Oprah, etc were all scooping up farmland. It wasn’t some weird conspiracy or big secret.

They were buying farmland because they knew this shyt was coming.

I’ve heard different ppl on social media saying that they are forming partnerships and buying their meat exclusively from certain butchers, etc because they want to be ready……..

And this is what they were referring to.
The fake meat.

Folks are preparing to pay a premium for real meat.

As I’ve said, everyone has to get their $ right and prepare because there’s a shift coming. I ain’t eating lab meat, I’ll tell you that :hubie:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This is EXACTLY why Bill Gates, Oprah, etc were all scooping up farmland. It wasn’t some weird conspiracy or big secret.

They were buying farmland because they knew this shyt was coming.

I’ve heard different ppl on social media saying that they are forming partnerships and buying their meat exclusively from certain butchers, etc because they want to be ready……..

And this is what they were referring to.
The fake meat.

Folks are preparing to pay a premium for real meat.

As I’ve said, everyone has to get their $ right and prepare because there’s a shift coming. I ain’t eating lab meat, I’ll tell you that :hubie:

it's not fake, it's real on a cellular level.

folks will probably pay a premium on meat due to loss of economies of scale. if fewer people buy slaughtered meat then producers will jack the price up on remaining customers to keep the level of profit they're use to. it's what happens in most industries that lose a significant amount of customers.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

cut this bullshyt out breh
we don't want this mess

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Last edited: