Starz Developing Sequel Series for 'Spartacus'

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
He was such a great villain, but curious how this What If scenario will work, considering what happened to his character.

I think they're gonna have him try to climb society while maintaining the rep of the gladiator school like Batiatus did but with way more demonic schemes.

When I heard about the retcon, I thought they'd have him travel around with the band of killers he recruited working under Glaber but I like the first scenario better.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I think they're gonna have him try to climb society while maintaining the rep of the gladiator school like Batiatus did but with way more demonic schemes.

When I heard about the retcon, I thought they'd have him travel around with the band of killers he recruited working under Glaber but I like the first scenario better.

I am curious how the 1st episode kicks off though, from a starting point. I know his ultimate fate, but will they rewind time so to speak or just drop us into this new reality and situation. Could also lead to other actors/characters returning.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He was such a great villain, but curious how this What If scenario will work, considering what happened to his character.

This is why I'm very wary. Retconning a show that ended years ago just so you can revive it with a similar name/IP/character sounds like the type of terrible writing decision that leads to terrible television. Why not just create an entirely new Roman show. I get the impression they wanted to do a show about the aftermath of the Third Servile War and some TV said "yea but only if it's directly tied to Spartacus." We could have gotten a show about the rivalry between Crassus, Pompey, and Caesar. All of whom appear or are mentioned in Spartacus.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
This is why I'm very wary. Retconning a show that ended years ago just so you can revive it with a similar name/IP/character sounds like the type of terrible writing decision that leads to terrible television. Why not just create an entirely new Roman show. I get the impression they wanted to do a show about the aftermath of the Third Servile War and some TV said "yea but only if it's directly tied to Spartacus." We could have gotten a show about the rivalry between Crassus, Pompey, and Caesar. All of whom appear or are mentioned in Spartacus.

The fact the original creator is coming back, has me more optimistic they can pull it off. I did think the OG show went out on a high note though.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
So this is what is replacing what was supposed to be a show starring the Julius Caesar character? Cause I think that was shelved after the losses he took in the OG series.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I am curious how the 1st episode kicks off though, from a starting point. I know his ultimate fate, but will they rewind time so to speak or just drop us into this new reality and situation. Could also lead to other actors/characters returning.
Probably show the moment he is betrayed by the Romans and his dead, then rewind and show something different happening.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
asher was simping for hard for Lucy Lawless but then again who wouldn't

after Baitiatus and Asher, heauxs don't have no standards, you can f