a56.gif

and a good day to you too @Kasper KArr

a56.gif

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
God gave us a hospitable planet supportive to life, not an endless or a perfect life. Asking for more than that when we have free will is a slap in the face.
Ok were dogs, cats, pigs, chicken and wasps just not blessed enough or loved enough to get a human life?

And everybody do not have free will ask them North Korean nikkas

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
We all have those moments OP, God understands the issues with the spirit and allows you to put it at the altar. I remember doing the same thing, especially with the reality that I have a undiagnosed mental condition that dawned on me. Like it made sense on the decisions that I had done and why most of my relationships were broken. Its the flaws in me, but you learn and grow with such issues.

When you see folks going through it, its just all in the season. No different from a kid at a center my wife works with a client at, died last weekend from drowning in a pool. It messed her up, but she realized that there's more to it, and it happened because of potential neglect at the household, which DHS could be a factor in.

Then there was a time when this lady my family and I knew, in a homeless shelter, died in the bathroom from a long argument with a roommate. We all mourned but deep inside, we knew she was at peace. The poor woman dealt with a abusive husband that beat her into being wheelchair bound. A family that abandoned her and allowed her to be in such a predicament. She no longer has to feel the pain because she's with the maker now in eternal peace.

All in all, he understands questions and the whole faith thing is a struggle in itself, but it all makes sense in the end of the complexity.

giphy.gif

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Was raised catholic by religious parent.
Went through the whole cycle (baptism/christening, communion, confessionz confirmation)
Went to catholic middle/high school

Hit adulthood and my viewpoint changed
I no longer subscribe to catholic religion (religion in general)

My kids are free to choose what they want to believe in. We have chosen not to raise them as practicing catholics.

I've hit a spiritual, energy view on things. There is a creator(s) and when my physical body ceases to live, my energy will be dispersed into the universe, perhaps absorbed into another lifeform.
Catholicism is so very rigid. There are so many stories of former catholic children wildin when they become adults because everything in the world requires balance. Too rigid and they'll turn to the extreme they've been craving as adults or teenagers. The focus on rituals really does it

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been in the church since a jit

Though it was by force, when I became an adult I definitely think I found my own relationship wit him

In good moments I thank the lord, in bad moments I defer to the lord

But idk bruh I done seen bad things happen to a lot of good people and it be feelin like we credit God when something good happens but if something bad happens it’s a sin to question him

This faith shyt be having me at gun point, they tell u that if u deny God he will deny u in the kingdom

Just wanna get opinions see what y’all think
Think of it the other way: when things are going right in your life, you say God has blessed you and you praise him. When things are going bad in your life, you blame God and don't praise him. Do you really love God or do you just like when people do things for you? :leostare:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Look into theology

These are questions people have spent years grappling with.

I think people graft their desires and ideas unto their conception of God. Both Israelis and Palestinians believe in one God, yet the Israelis kill the Palestinians and their children with zero remorse.

Slave owners converted their slaves to Christianity and still brutalized, raped and killed them. Same with the indigenous people. From the perspective of the slave owner and the conquistadors, God was on their side and what they were doing was in fact morally correct. Otherwise, God would have stopped it. Like I said, they grafted their own perspective unto an entity that they don't and can never actually understand. Rather, they used it as justification. Same as kings who derived their legitimacy by claiming that God told them they should be in charge of everyone.

Through history people always find a reason to justify what they'd do anyway. The soviet union was a rebrand of the Russian empire except this time around their Tsar was called a secretary and derived his legitimacy by claiming he's a representative of the people's will(despite nobody voting for him). There are impulses built into humans from birth and culture is what guides those impulses so they don't lead to harm.

A man with violent thoughts gets praised for his violent artwork and prowess while hunting= a man who would have become a serial killer if his desire for violence wasn't rerouted.

A man who desires to control everything gets praised for his skill in table top RPGs and strategy games= a man who wouldn't become a power hungry dictator who thinks he can control millions of people's lives.

Religion can channel these impulses into productive things but it can also be used to justify brutality and abuse. To me, God exists as a kind of engineer. He builds things then watches as they operate. He might interfere when he feels like it, but the idea that he's going to help you just because you're super special and deserve it more than everyone else is just a way of making your pain easier to handle.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Think of it the other way: when things are going right in your life, you say God has blessed you and you praise him. When things are going bad in your life, you blame God and don't praise him. Do you really love God or do you just like when people do things for you? :leostare:
Bingo! And this is how people get tempted into evil.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Look into theology

These are questions people have spent years grappling with.

I think people graft their desires and ideas unto their conception of God. Both Israelis and Palestinians believe in one God, yet the Israelis kill the Palestinians and their children with zero remorse.

Slave owners converted their slaves to Christianity and still brutalized, raped and killed them. Same with the indigenous people. From the perspective of the slave owner and the conquistadors, God was on their side and what they were doing was in fact morally correct. Otherwise, God would have stopped it. Like I said, they grafted their own perspective unto an entity that they don't and can never actually understand. Rather, they used it as justification. Same as kings who derived their legitimacy by claiming that God told them they should be in charge of everyone.

Through history people always find a reason to justify what they'd do anyway. The soviet union was a rebrand of the Russian empire except this time around their Tsar was called a secretary and derived his legitimacy by claiming he's a representative of the people's will(despite nobody voting for him). There are impulses built into humans from birth and culture is what guides those impulses so they don't lead to harm.

A man with violent thoughts gets praised for his violent artwork and prowess while hunting= a man who would have become a serial killer if his desire for violence wasn't rerouted.

A man who desires to control everything gets praised for his skill in table top RPGs and strategy games= a man who wouldn't become a power hungry dictator who thinks he can control millions of people's lives.

Religion can channel these impulses into productive things but it can also be used to justify brutality and abuse. To me, God exists as a kind of engineer. He builds things then watches as they operate. He might interfere when he feels like it, but the idea that he's going to help you just because you're super special and deserve it more than everyone else is just a way of making your pain easier to handle.
Beautifully put breh :wow:

Repped

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Reread the thread cuz that’s not what was said

Anytime someone question God y’all question they character

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Another thing,

I was on that time the other week, with the frustration that every single summer, my family and I have a rough setting. Like I kid you not, it's always the summer. And quite frankly, I dread the summer all because of it. But reality hits, that my wife and I married around that time. So its sort of like a weird conception of humbleness. Like last week, we celebrated our 15th anniversary doing the most basic of shyt.

We ate breakfast, I made a picnic lunch for the fam, and we head to the exact same beach we celebrated being free of the issues that we faced a few years ago. That lunch was slamming, and the weather was perfect, despite how hot the sand was.

Yes, I felt a bit some type of way because my wife and I never got to have that big huge wedding, or an overly expensive honeymoon. But we both are simple and easygoing people. So it's like God was letting us see the little things hit the most because they bring the value of life.

After a while, you get blessed and have the fortune, but eventually you will look at the past and realize that the finer things happened when you struggled the most. You appreciate the atmosphere, rather than getting angry over losing it all. Like when I sold my SP404 just to help with the funding, I was upset...but I am in a better place than I was years ago. Because I have a family, health, and a peace of mind.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reread the thread cuz that’s not what was said

Anytime someone question God y’all question they character
Maybe you should re-read your own OP and the first reply in the thread. Don't get caught up in the gif, breh gave a solid answer. It seems you're waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear rather than listening to how people's opinions actually differ from what you're expecting/hoping for.

Respectfully
full