Started binge watching Star Trek Voyager

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know where this storyline comes from. There were only a handful of episodes where she broke her principles. Even then they spell out why. Couple times were when they fought the Equinox and she was basically trying to kill the other captain, even put her 2nd in command in the brig to stop him from trying to stop her. She saw he was killing off innocent, helpless aliens and wanted to take it out on him.

Another time was violating 1st contact rules for that space probe that infected a planet. Her rational was it was ultimately humans at fault so they were fixing something that was already broken by them.

Nah she stayed completely contradicting herself lol.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BBC America in labor day put me into Voyager with LaBorg Day, lol. Then I started watching along with TNG which I started this summer...though I saw and owned a couple of movies/vhs in the 90s.

7 of 9 was ahead of her time with that spandex/Spanx women wear 2014 until now with athleisure trend.

Voyager is kinda weird. Janeway wasted time on the ferengi and missed the catapult into the alpha quadrant to be on some star fleet regulations crap a couple season into it.....sooo lame. They could have came back for the ferengi once they were back home.

Then that final episode of Voyager to make up for Janeway missteps to get em home several years sooner so everyone is alive.

However, TNG pretty much planted individuality into the borg by way of that teenage boy...hence you had rogue borg and eventually 7 of 9 for Voyager, imo.

Sidenote. TNG, ensign ro... would have loved to see her in something like Voyager if 7 of 9 was never casted.

Sidenote...Kes from Voyager fell all the way off. She must have been all makeup and hair...eh.
Jennifer-Lien-main.jpg

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BBC America in labor day put me into Voyager with LaBorg Day, lol. Then I started watching along with TNG which I started this summer...though I saw and owned a couple of movies/vhs in the 90s.

7 of 9 was ahead of her time with that spandex/Spanx women wear 2014 until now with athleisure trend.

Voyager is kinda weird. Janeway wasted time on the ferengi and missed the catapult into the alpha quadrant to be on some star fleet regulations crap a couple season into it.....sooo lame. They could have came back for the ferengi once they were back home.

Then that final episode of Voyager to make up for Janeway missteps to get em home several years sooner so everyone is alive.

However, TNG pretty much planted individuality into the borg by way of that teenage boy...hence you had rogue borg and eventually 7 of 9 for Voyager, imo.

Sidenote. TNG, ensign ro... would have loved to see her in something like Voyager if 7 of 9 was never casted.

Sidenote...Kes from Voyager fell all the way off. She must have been all makeup and hair...eh.
Jennifer-Lien-main.jpg
Nah she use to look good it wasnt just makeup. She has had some drinking issues i believe.

Last edited:

Oh1one

Motherland funk
Daps
Reppin
Joburg
Didn’t read the entire thread cause of potential spoilers but enjoying this show. I’m on season 6. Highlights so far are Chakotay wanting to smash Janeway every which way at any given opportunity. 7 of 9 :shaq:really did add something to the show.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yall need to stop sleeping on Star Trek Prodigy.

Prodigy is a direct sequel to Voyager, and season two leans into it a lot more than season one.
so is it a "kids" show? haven't given it a chance cause i thought it was star trek for kids...and not necessarily one of those kids shows adults could enjoy, but straight up a kids show like nick jr shyt

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so is it a "kids" show? haven't given it a chance cause i thought it was star trek for kids...and not necessarily one of those kids shows adults could enjoy, but straight up a kids show like nick jr shyt
I mean, it's aimed at a younger audience, but it leans heavily into past Trek lore, and the whole premise of the series is
refugees from the Delta Quadrant finding Chakotay's stranded ship, and Janeway trying to learn what happened to him.

If this show had existed when I was a kid I'd probably be an even bigger Star Trek fan than I am now. :manny:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I mean, it's aimed at a younger audience, but it leans heavily into past Trek lore, and the whole premise of the series is
refugees from the Delta Quadrant finding Chakotay's stranded ship, and Janeway trying to learn what happened to him.

If this show had existed when I was a kid I'd probably be an even bigger Star Trek fan than I am now. :manny:
thanks

that spoiled premise is intriguing.

How chokotay getting more shine and character dev on this kid's show than he ever did on voyager :heh: