Started binge watching Star Trek Voyager

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Just finished the series :banderas: SPOILERS if you haven't seen it

* Loved the setup of a ship trying to get home. Since there was a set goal, it was more fun to watch then just some random exploration BS. They did a good job of evolving the story too. Different species come and go as they pass through their territory. And, they set up scripts with earlier stories. Really well done. Characters evolve as the show moves along too.
* Still that same old Star Trek "look at how sophisticated we are, we listen to opera and read 14th century poetry" bullshyt. And lots of treknobabble too
* 7 of 9. Gawdamn :merchant:. 10 times better than Kes and she was a legit actress too. One of the funniest episodes was when the doctor took over her body (so she had to copy his body language). Kind of stupid that she ended up with Chakotay in the end. That was random as fukk, like they wanted to slap on a happy ending.
* I liked the morality episodes. Watching them take Ls just not to compromise their beliefs. You see from the Equinox crew what happens if you say "fukk it"
* They probably ended the show at the right time, before they fell off. Janeway was starting to ham it up too much and you can tell they didn't know what to do with Tuvok anymore. His storylines started getting lame.
* Neelix actor was easily the best on the show. When he pretended to be that Ferengi :wow: A character pretending to be a character
* Couldn't stand the whole holodeck and the hologram doctor thing. Holograms completely contradict all of the technology on the show. Literally, there's no reason to have a crew if you can create holograms that do complex jobs better than humans.
* Also don't like time travel episodes. My problem with the series finale was they relied on time travel. I would ahve rather seen the crew take on the Borg Queen with their own wits, not a future tech cheat code.
* Some really good episodes though. The Ferengis who set themselves up as gods, 'Night', getting tapped in the void, the Doctor taking over 7of9's body, etc. I only skipped about 5 shows.

Don't think I'll ever watch another Star Trek series again, but Voyager made me not dismiss the whole franchise. Looked up the actors post-series, wow most of them did jack shyt after. One of them is a weirdo dyke getting arrested for flashing kids :mjlol:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even like Star Trek to be real, but I got sucked into seeing if they make it home. Hate the usual Star Trek "show everyone how intellectual and cultured we are" BS, but some of the episodes are pretty good. I've only bushed 2 through about 2 1/2 seasons. Took about a season to get going, but I'm on #3 right now and the quality and consistency is a lot better.

Started digging around to see what people who were on the show have been up to. That one girl getting busted 3 times exposing herself to kids :mjlol: The captain writing a book about how she got raped at knifepoint :dahell:

Some of them are pretty good actors sad to see that most of them didn't do much post-series, but they have had some cool cameos.

Didn't know about the other stuff, details?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the series :banderas: SPOILERS if you haven't seen it

* Loved the setup of a ship trying to get home. Since there was a set goal, it was more fun to watch then just some random exploration BS. They did a good job of evolving the story too. Different species come and go as they pass through their territory. And, they set up scripts with earlier stories. Really well done. Characters evolve as the show moves along too.
* Still that same old Star Trek "look at how sophisticated we are, we listen to opera and read 14th century poetry" bullshyt. And lots of treknobabble too
* 7 of 9. Gawdamn :merchant:. 10 times better than Kes and she was a legit actress too. One of the funniest episodes was when the doctor took over her body (so she had to copy his body language). Kind of stupid that she ended up with Chakotay in the end. That was random as fukk, like they wanted to slap on a happy ending.
* I liked the morality episodes. Watching them take Ls just not to compromise their beliefs. You see from the Equinox crew what happens if you say "fukk it"
* They probably ended the show at the right time, before they fell off. Janeway was starting to ham it up too much and you can tell they didn't know what to do with Tuvok anymore. His storylines started getting lame.
* Neelix actor was easily the best on the show. When he pretended to be that Ferengi :wow: A character pretending to be a character
* Couldn't stand the whole holodeck and the hologram doctor thing. Holograms completely contradict all of the technology on the show. Literally, there's no reason to have a crew if you can create holograms that do complex jobs better than humans.
* Also don't like time travel episodes. My problem with the series finale was they relied on time travel. I would ahve rather seen the crew take on the Borg Queen with their own wits, not a future tech cheat code.
* Some really good episodes though. The Ferengis who set themselves up as gods, 'Night', getting tapped in the void, the Doctor taking over 7of9's body, etc. I only skipped about 5 shows.

Don't think I'll ever watch another Star Trek series again, but Voyager made me not dismiss the whole franchise. Looked up the actors post-series, wow most of them did jack shyt after. One of them is a weirdo dyke getting arrested for flashing kids :mjlol:
They realistically couldn't beat the borg on their own and that's why they needed the cheat code. Voyager isn't that great compared to next generation and ds9, I would recommend you watch those instead. The difference in writing and acting is simply on another level. Voyager had a lot of sh!tty characters including kim and paris

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Didn't know about the other stuff, details?

The actress who played Kes got busted exposint herself to kids I think 3 times

They realistically couldn't beat the borg on their own and that's why they needed the cheat code. Voyager isn't that great compared to next generation and ds9, I would recommend you watch those instead. The difference in writing and acting is simply on another level. Voyager had a lot of sh!tty characters including kim and paris

I've seen them didn't really like them

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
StarTrek-voyager-SevenofNine-doctor-aroused-1343482432Z.gif

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of these Star Trek actors do much after unless it's Picard

Why is that?

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
i was pretty heavy watching voyager like 10 years ago. never cared much for any of the other ST’s but voyager was cool
because the story had a really good premise., wasn’t just simple ass humans randomly out in space.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Brianna Torres actress directs a LOT of shows... I remember going on her IMDB page a while back and was :ohhh: at all the shows she directed. Janeway had major roles on Warehouse 13 and Orange is the new Black. Funny fact about Warehouse 13... Janeway's actress plays Pete's mother and 7 of 9 actress plays his ex wife on the same show :pachaha: Janeway and Seven didn't have a scene together though.

Funny how Star Trek actors not being in anything after their Trek shows end was bought up in this thread, big bang theory once made a joke about this.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brianna Torres actress directs a LOT of shows... I remember going on her IMDB page a while back and was :ohhh: at all the shows she directed. Janeway had major roles on Warehouse 13 and Orange is the new Black. Funny fact about Warehouse 13... Janeway's actress plays Pete's mother and 7 of 9 actress plays his ex wife on the same show :pachaha: Janeway and Seven didn't have a scene together though.

Funny how Star Trek actors not being in anything after their Trek shows end was bought up in this thread, big bang theory once made a joke about this.
Harry actually is featured in a movie about the equinox which is filming right now