Xbox ninjas are real

starfield-akila-city-3.jpg

n3cmKqI.png

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps

30 fps on Series s and Series X confirmed

Starfield runs at 30 frames per second on both Xbox Series X and S, Bethesda's Todd Howard has confirmed.

Speaking to IGN in a new interview ahead of the Xbox and Starfield showcases, Howard said Starfield runs in 4K resolution on the Xbox Series X and 1440p on the Xbox Series S, but has locked Starfield at 30fps on console to ensure "consistency" of performance.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

"I think it'll come as no surprise, given our previous games, what we go for," Howard said. "Always these huge, open worlds, fully dynamic, hyper detail where anything can happen. And we do want to do that. It's 4K in the X. It's 1440 on the S. We do lock it at 30, because we want that fidelity, we want all that stuff. We don't want to sacrifice any of it.

"Fortunately in this one, we've got it running great. It's often running way above that. Sometimes it's 60. But on the consoles, we do lock it because we prefer the consistency, where you're not even thinking about it.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Can't lamebox like stream this shyt to that wack ass series s so they can do 60fps or something, what a fukking L

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Heads up you can preorder the premium edition upgrade for $35USD and get to play the game 5 days early

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

Disappointed especially since with my favorite genre being racing games, 60fps is my norm.

However, I think I can something in favor of it that I can almost forgive it for that.

There is a lot of shyt going on in this game, different levels of gravity on different planets, interactivity of items, multitude of art assets. More voice acting lines than any other game created this far. With what it is doing, this game makes a stronger case for $70 than any other game in existence. It has to 'give' somewhere. There isn't a game with a scope like this, save for Star citizen but you need a crazy rig to run it. All of these systems running on top of one another means compromise somewhere. The framerate is a place where it happens. There are a lot of technical things going on to the benefit of the game. I'm not going to knock it for missing one, albeit an important one. The sum of its parts will overcome that transgression.