Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
It does look a lot better than last year but it still just kind of looks like shooting and grenades…like i don’t think they showed anything about build variety or special techniques like fallout in the actual combat sequences

Based on the ending of that gameplay reveal seems there will be powers involved as well.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Hmmmm it will be interesting to see if they can deliver on half of what was promised. Not going to lie the game looks amazing but I remember a little known title called Cyberpunk.

If this game goes on the direction the reveal implied in terms of story.:wow:
If the move for the story is to find Aliens halfway through the game and go through an epic galactic war. Sign me up. If it's just us searching for relics, dealing with lame ass space bandits and "Find the meaning of our existence" bullshyt. This is going to be a very weak story.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Already ordered the limited edition controller :wow:

Xbox-Wireless-Controller_Sneak-Carousel-Left_54113_960x540

Xbox-Wireless-Controller_Sneak-Carousel-Right_54113_960x540
That’s one of the illest controllers

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
It does look a lot better than last year but it still just kind of looks like shooting and grenades…like i don’t think they showed anything about build variety or special techniques like fallout in the actual combat sequences
They actually did at end with alien artifacts giving powers…

My only disappointment was I wanted no man sky but they gave me mass effect with actual ship combat. I’m not mad at it though, I’m sure there will be some crazy ass mods to enjoy on the pc.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
My main complaint is the space suits, they look so 1960 like why

They look like something Neil Armstrong had on

That's what im saying they went for the retro look where's the super advanced sci fi shyt???:dahell:

They said during the last reveal that they were going for a grounded, gritty, “NASA-punk” aesthetic like it was our distant future.
:manny:
I like that shyt. The slick, shiny, skintight, futuristic shyt is stupid and unrealistic.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
If the move for the story is to find Aliens halfway through the game and go through an epic galactic war. Sign me up. If it's just us searching for relics, dealing with lame ass space bandits and "Find the meaning of our existence" bullshyt. This is going to be a very weak story.
Well based on the relics and then the display from the main I was hoping it was heading into more 2001 a space odyssey star child direction.

It might be the most basic ass story going but I am hoping there is more to it. Based on their history though I might be overreaching.:francis:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They said during the last reveal that they were going for a grounded, gritty, “NASA-punk” aesthetic like it was our distant future.
I like that shyt. The slick, shiny, skintight, futuristic shyt is stupid and unrealistic.
To each his own ig

Looks real bland and unimaginative imo

taker597

Superstar
Daps
They said during the past reveal that they weee going for a grounded, gritty, “NASA-punk” aesthetic like it was our distant future.
There is no such thing as a grounded take on space travel, because it's impossible for us. It's all fantasy. Either from a raw resources, time to travel, or space radiation/muscular degenerative breakdown. So, all you're doing is just putting a hard ceiling on how much fun you can make your space game by being "real". The only viable way we can get into deep space is by sending A.I. out there. There is no resource that we can make for sustainable space travel with more than 5 people on board.

Well based on the relics and then the display from the main I was hoping it was heading into more 2001 a space odyssey star child direction.

It might be the most basic ass story going but I am hoping there is more to it. Based on their history though I might be overreaching.:francis:

It does really fill like the mundane Bethesda narrative setup, but I really hope it's all to subvert expectations. I don't need another "realistic" space exploration game following fraction of slightly different political idealogly. I want a fun space adventure game with good stories, stakes, and set-pieces. Not clearing out lonely planets of resources and bandits then occasionally look for old relics.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There is no such thing as a grounded take on space travel, because it's impossible for us. It's all fantasy. Either from a raw resources, time to travel, or space radiation/muscular degenerative breakdown. So, all you're doing is just putting a hard ceiling on how much fun you can make your space game by being "real". The only viable way we can get into deep space is by sending A.I. out there. There is no resource that we can make for sustainable space travel with more than 5 people on board.

It does really fill like the mundane Bethesda narrative setup, but I really hope it's all to subvert expectations. I don't need another "realistic" space exploration game following fraction of slightly different political idealogly. I want a fun space adventure game with good stories, stakes, and set-pieces. Not clearing out lonely planets of resources and bandits then occasionally look for old relics.

I’m actually not mad at them for sticking to the aesthetic :yeshrug:

But they can still put some goofy skills in it, at the end of the day its flying around in space like you driving from jersey to ny

Superstar
Daps
but telekinesis is grounded and realistic? :dwillhuh:
Telekinesis certainly isn’t aesthetic. Where did I speak on the gameplay?

The skin-tight, cyberpunk colors, leather and straps anytime something sci-fi is mentioned is impractical, played out, and stupid. They said before that they wanted things to look functional and practical.

There’s always “The Outer Worlds” if that’s something y’all REALLY need to cosplay so bdsm shyt like that.