Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
probably gonna get docked for generic extra planets and systems not having much meaning.

hopefully it's not too buggy at launch (I know it's a reach, but I hope not)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So nobody’s gonna talk about that boost/jetpack mechanic in the video?:whoo:

I’m interested to see more gunplay since that portion they showed is very early into the game. Aside from the jetpack I’m curious to see what other combat mechanics are available

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I mean star citizen does at lot more, but essentially it’s great value star citizen+no man’s sky lol
Star Citizen was some ambitious unrealistic shyt that never came out..

This game will suffice in it’s place and it’s being done by a AAA developer..

Game is gonna be flames

Last edited:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I am still very much looking forward to Starfield.

I think some of the negative discourse online is coming from a few places.

1. The trolls - No explanation needed for that.

2. The anticipation - People have been waiting literal years to actually see what the game was going to be, so their imaginations took it to places that were impossible to reach. If Bethesda showed something sooner, we wouldn’t have some of the disappointment that we are seeing online.

3. Unrealistic expectations - This relates to the above. I honestly don’t know what people were expecting. Bethesda has been making ‘the same game’ for decades.

Elder Scrolls = Fantasy Fallout
Fallout = Post Apocalyptic Elder Scrolls.

Those franchises have always had the same building block foundations that held them together in different settings with some unique gameplay elements and strong writing. This will be no different, but in space.

I think a bigger problem with the unrealistic expectations is the fact that gamers have been sold a lie (as usual). Starfield is the first big budget next gen exclusive and it doesn’t look much different than things we have already seen/experienced in the past.

Anyways, I was realistic about what to expect:

Graphics: It looks much better than what they have done before. The game has strong art direction. Framerate in Bethesda games are always bad and their games always have jank to them. This will be no different. I am just hoping that this delay will help them get further polish bugs for release so it isnt a cyberpunk situation.

1000 planets: We all know this is BS and over 90% of these planets will be barren. Who cares. Just go to the areas that the games missions send you to.

Gunplay: It looked fine. Im not expecting id software or other fps dev quality gunplay in a game like this.

TLDR: Some people are bugging, the game looks fine.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I am still very much looking forward to Starfield.

I think some of the negative discourse online is coming from a few places.

1. The trolls - No explanation needed for that.

2. The anticipation - People have been waiting literal years to actually see what the game was going to be, so their imaginations took it to places that were impossible to reach. If Bethesda showed something sooner, we wouldn’t have some of the disappointment that we are seeing online.

3. Unrealistic expectations - This relates to the above. I honestly don’t know what people were expecting. Bethesda has been making ‘the same game’ for decades.

Elder Scrolls = Fantasy Fallout
Fallout = Post Apocalyptic Elder Scrolls.

Those franchises have always had the same building block foundations that held them together in different settings with some unique gameplay elements and strong writing. This will be no different, but in space.

I think a bigger problem with the unrealistic expectations is the fact that gamers have been sold a lie (as usual). Starfield is the first big budget next gen exclusive and it doesn’t look much different than things we have already seen/experienced in the past.

Anyways, I was realistic about what to expect:

Graphics: It looks much better than what they have done before. The game has strong art direction. Framerate in Bethesda games are always bad and their games always have jank to them. This will be no different. I am just hoping that this delay will help them get further polish bugs for release so it isnt a cyberpunk situation.

1000 planets: We all know this is BS and over 90% of these planets will be barren. Who cares. Just go to the areas that the games missions send you to.

Gunplay: It looked fine. Im not expecting id software or other fps dev quality gunplay in a game like this.

TLDR: Some people are bugging, the game looks fine.

I think in general people expectations for games this gen is too high. We will never see games make that jump like in previous decades. I think the framerate will be fine with all the technology available for these CPUs and GPUs there will be a middle fix.

Superstar
Daps
Star Citizen was some ambitious unrealistic shyt that never came out..

This game will suffice in it’s place and it’s being done a AAA developer..

Game is gonna be flames

It seems to be everything I wanted out of NMS. I have a PS5 and a PC but Bethesda games were the reason I still want an Xbox. I figure the worst they could do is fallout 4 and I enjoyed that.