Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I got 2 questions for people that have been playing this for awhile.

1. What difficulty is recommended to play on for fun?

I got to anew Atlantis last night and I'm playing on very hard. The enemies aren't hard they just eat up bullets. I've been running out of ammo on all my guns so I need to swap to the laser drill used for mining. I picked skills for melee combat in character creation but I her smoked trying to close the distance to do damage.

2. Is there a secret about being not being over encumbered?

At the research station I just picked up med packs, and looted the pirate's corpses. This led to me being over encumbered. I stored stuff in the ship before that. I had to store some stuff in a box and there were more pirates when I got back. I killed them looted their stuff and got over weight again. I eventually said fukk it and dropped all their weapons.
Can't answer the first because I always play on normal for a first run. You level up fast and it seems melee/unarmed takes awhile to get nice at, so really it seems like you have made the game as hard for yourself as possible if that's the route you took. It's already scarce on health items and certain enemies start having very damaging weapons.

The 2nd, I'm also always overencumbered but having a follower helps because they hold your shyt, and then when you go to the ship, dump all your resources in cargo specifically because that shyt adds up. Later on you get boost packs and spacesuits that start increasing carrying capacity, and perks also obviously

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Game has really started to pick up once I started to learn whats going on. In Bethesda fashion, the main quest seems boring as fukk, but the faction quests and some of the side quests are a lot more interesting.
Main questline has been the best questline for me so far I really disagree with that especially in this game.

I still haven't started vanguard faction yet though

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I got 2 questions for people that have been playing this for awhile.

1. What difficulty is recommended to play on for fun?

I got to anew Atlantis last night and I'm playing on very hard. The enemies aren't hard they just eat up bullets. I've been running out of ammo on all my guns so I need to swap to the laser drill used for mining. I picked skills for melee combat in character creation but I her smoked trying to close the distance to do damage.

2. Is there a secret about being not being over encumbered?

At the research station I just picked up med packs, and looted the pirate's corpses. This led to me being over encumbered. I stored stuff in the ship before that. I had to store some stuff in a box and there were more pirates when I got back. I killed them looted their stuff and got over weight again. I eventually said fukk it and dropped all their weapons.

Gotta add skill points to the weight skill which allows you to hold more

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Main questline has been the best questline for me so far I really disagree with that especially in this game.

I still haven't started vanguard faction yet though
It'll probably pick up as well once some of the ambiguity of it clears itself up, but the vanguard faction quest line has been flames so far.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It'll probably pick up as well once some of the ambiguity of it clears itself up, but the vanguard faction quest line has been flames so far.
I figured it's probably dope, I decided to do ryujin first because it felt like it would be the most boring and I wanted to get it out the way. It's turned out good, but it's a bit hard to do it "correctly"

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So finish clearing out a enemy hideout go to a store to sell goods and can’t sell everything as they only have 5000 credits.

Leave me with too much weight o to next store nope they don’t take guns

Port authority all out of credits too what a great feature
You can pull up your ship inventory at any store and sell it then

Don't settle for just the port authority

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I been doing this damn UC quest for the two scientist for almost 3 hours and it still aint over :dahell:

Youtube and Podcast cacs gonna be :mjpls: when they really get deep into some of these missions.

I had said I was going to pawg it up this playthrough but its hard to find any :mjpls: