Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Honestly the major fundamental design flaw of the game, which I think everyone was counting on and a little disappointed about is no *humanoid* aliens (so far anway, but I'm like 15 hours in so I doubt there's any).

I think the decision to not have them will permanently put a cap on the ceiling of this IP. It doesn't put the fiction in science fiction.

:beli: what do you think the entire game is about my friend???

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Honestly the major fundamental design flaw of the game, which I think everyone was counting on and a little disappointed about is no *humanoid* aliens (so far anway, but I'm like 15 hours in so I doubt there's any).

I think the decision to not have them will permanently put a cap on the ceiling of this IP. It doesn't put the fiction in science fiction.
Most certainly... It definitely puts a lid on not only creatively what you can do, but limit the fun factor.

People talk about how this supposed to be a grounded realistic take on Space, but none of this shyt is realistic. Withholding aliens is a silly move considering we are getting crazy UFO news every day.

I hope they pivot and really build up that moment. A mass effect Contact war type story would be dope. Make these useless planet fun A.I driven skirmish.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

It's an interesting take. In new harvest they kinda talk on how they setup these outposts looking for alien life and then shifted into sustainable outpost building.

It's an interesting design choice, but i think it allows this story to be told and DLC higher order aliens in down the road if they'd like.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It's an interesting take. In new harvest they kinda talk on how they setup these outposts looking for alien life and then shifted into sustainable outpost building.

It's an interesting design choice, but i think it allows this story to be told and DLC higher order aliens in down the road if they'd like.
If you're going to introduce aliens. You have to save it for a big moment in the sequel. The hype for it is real.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Most certainly... It definitely puts a lid on not only creatively what you can do, but limit the fun factor.

People talk about how this supposed to be a grounded realistic take on Space, but none of this shyt is realistic. Withholding aliens is a silly move considering we are getting crazy UFO news every day.

I hope they pivot and really build up that moment. A mass effect Contact war type story would be dope. Make these useless planet fun A.I driven skirmish.

Sequel???:ld:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Not sure. The game plays more like the expanse than star trek.
Navigating an interstellar war with plethora of deep choices and consequences is the Bethesda RPG that would be a peak moment in game.

Being able to play politician or War General. Either create peace or genocide.

GOTY... That's a GOAT level set up on paper.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Her : So you paying me in credits for what you stole. And you going to pay me some more off GP
Crimson fleet tried that with me

[/spoiler]
nHSR8lk.jpg

Now I cant do any more missions from that line, because im always aggro with the npcs I need to talk to, and the only way I can rectify the situation is by paying 875k to clear my bounty with them :mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had to break down and use the addperk command to max out my persuasion cause I be getting hoed left and right and I am supposed to be a :demonic: character.

Me: Let the hostages go or I'm coming in :demonic:

Them: Come the fukk on in then. Hears hostage get shot and die:demonic:

Me:
nervous-sports.gif

Final straw was this chick and her mercenary crew straight embarrassing me

Her : So you paying me in credits for what you stole. And you going to pay me some more off GP:stopitslime:
Me: I'll pay you in bullets :demonic:
Her: Have it your way :stopitslime:

10 seconds later I'm :dead:

yo I’m legit in tears! :laff: 😭

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:beli: what do you think the entire game is about my friend???
nick-fury-recognize.gif

I agree, I for sure thought that's what this game was trying to put together when this was originally shown as well.

However now that I know who the starborn are, it seems obvious to me that they won't be going in that direction, probably ever. :francis:

Definitely couldn't be pulled off in any satisfactory way as DLC given that would need so many added planets/settlements and co interaction with the characters already in the game. It is interesting as is, but that interest doesn't hold out the same as it does with more "traditional" space opera style settings.