Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the ACG intro :mjlol:
I was watching that shyt before I had any clue of the overall sentiment of the game, so he kept doing the trolling shyt and I’m like, man get to the damn fukkin part, are you fw it or not:stopitslime: it’s probably just me but his reviews have gotten long winded for the sake of being long winded. I only watch the few games I’m interested in, so maybe I forgot his style, but he seemed like his reviews used to be more efficient with his wording, and every other sentence wasn’t a simile or metaphor

Also, didn’t he start putting his rating in the title? What happened to that?

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna wait to see impressions. FFXVI had the same score and I got fooled into buying it and I haven't went back. I find it hard to believe it's as boring as that one :francis:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Y’all acting like IGN is the only person who gave it a 7

If that was the case the game would be a 90+ metacritic

That Xbox Stan central podcast, one of the dudes gave it a 3/5

Other dude a 4/5

Grown man scores is something you have to deal with :hubie:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Not sure this was posted but this is definitely worth watching.

He gives real criticism of the game.

Meh, loading screens, a weak main story, story breaking bugs, and I can't run around on a planet from end to end.

It sounds like since there is very little new blood at BGS, the game was made with a mentality from ten years ago.

Engine notwithstanding :lolbron:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It's not like I was expecting Star Citizen level detail or No Man's Sky level scale, but the way this game was being promoted at first people were envisioning discovering some random planet and exploring however they wanted until they found a cool-looking location rich in resources. Then we could set up a base there and go on exploration adventures and random side quests in between doing a story mission every now and then. Tell me I'm lying if you're mentally ill.

You can get lost in time just going in a random direction and doing random shyt in Fallout and Skyrim, not even touching the story for days or weeks. That's what I was expecting but in space. Everything I've seen suggests it's just boring and pointless going outside the story or handcrafted areas. "Exploration" is just slick loading screens in between a few copy-and-paste areas where you spend a little time running around before moving on.

Is it good as just a regular RPG game? That's a whole different thing I'll find out when I play it. This hype around NG+ has me interested.
Why you interested in NG+ when what you said here already tells you it's gonna be the same as the 1st playthrough :laff: