Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
so they're procedurally-generated zones that have their loading screens hidden by the animations of take-off and landing so a planet isn't a planet, it's more like multiple areas stitched together.

Can't honestly say I'm surprised. I'd assumed they would have figured out how to stitch the cells without needing to disallow you from walking a straight line for too long. But I also was ready for the inevitable 'you cannot go this way' text box. Looks like it'll be the latter.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Maybe, seems to be a lot of confusion with it. When you land, you only have a certain number of tiles to explore around your ship. Once you reach the boundary you can apparently get in your ship, land somewhere else on the planet and explore. Rinse and repeat. But it seems like you dont really "explore" the planet. You just get proceduraly generated biomes/zones each time.

Yeah, you can’t land away from a city/town and just walk to it if you do that either. You have to land specifically in the city

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
1ld9tj73gdkb1.jpg

I'm dying to see the mix and match armor system works when we kill pirates and take their shyt for our own...:birdman::wow:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
so they're procedurally-generated zones that have their loading screens hidden by the animations of take-off and landing so a planet isn't a planet, it's more like multiple areas stitched together.
That’s kind of disappointing..

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
dudes won't go outside and touch grass, but want to walk around a planet :dahell:
Anyone who thought they would be able to is an idiot, didn’t they cite a thousand planets available. That should have made people know what’s up. I guarantee you that a lot of planets are going to be barren and only the planets related to quests will be occupied like that.

Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad game but that certain individuals should scale down their expectations. I mean already calling it GOTY before even been released.:mjlol:

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
Why buy an Xbox specifically for this when it's available on PC? Also the Xbox version is already going to be running at inferior FPS and resolution.
My days of researching system requirements are over bro, I just want it to work and be fun after a long day