Starfield: Shattered Space Dethrones Concord

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Starfield was the first Bethesda game that I didn’t finish.
I had over 300 hours on fallout 3 and 4, New Vegas, and Skyrim.
I bought a series just for Starfield. I made it halfway through, stopped playing, and ended up selling the series S.:francis: I hope Microsoft doesn’t do the same thing with Elder scrolls 7.
Why oh why did you buy the series S? :wtf:

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Concord only lasted for two weeks.

Sony literally can't even make money off the mf no more.

That's a generational L :umad:

Ask that Jap mobile gamer CEO which one he would rather have.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Larian and CDPR are always going to be a looming threat in the way people view Bethesda’s games from this point on
I think Larian is in too different of a lane personally with the actual gameplay, unless they go real-time combat (which I don’t see happening, or a point in them doing it). CDPR is still in the ARPG lane tho, and now that they have stepped into the first person lane, and seemed to learn from their mistakes, Bethesda really needs to look out for them.

Lore and story-wise Larian is the best of em all

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think Larian is in too different of a lane personally with the actual gameplay, unless they go real-time combat (which I don’t see happening, or a point in them doing it). CDPR is still in the ARPG lane tho, and now that they have stepped into the first person lane, and seemed to learn from their mistakes, Bethesda really needs to look out for them.

Lore and story-wise Larian is the best of em all

I think BG3 dropping before Starfield kind of proved that people all view them the same. Yeah they are kind of in different lanes gameplay wise, but Bethesda used to be known for freedom of choice and role playing much more than just raw gameplay.

then you even got games like Elden Ring which aren’t really story based but have all the other trappings of a big open world rpg, like classes, stat distribution, exploration, good combat, deep lore, etc.

bethesda said themselves, that what they used to do really well became conventional in the AAA game space.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think BG3 dropping before Starfield kind of proved that people all view them the same. Yeah they are kind of in different lanes gameplay wise, but Bethesda used to be known for freedom of choice and role playing much more than just raw gameplay.

then you even got games like Elden Ring which aren’t really story based but have all the other trappings of a big open world rpg, like classes, stat distribution, exploration, good combat, deep lore, etc.

bethesda said themselves, that what they used to do really well became conventional in the AAA game space.
Yea I meant the arena that’s RPG-first. If we get into the Action games with RPG elements, like From and whatnot (basically the standard third person action game atp), I personally find Bethesda is outta their depth now that they’ve gone simple Simon on the RPG tip :heh:

Exactly why I’m worried about ES6. The RPG element is getting weaker, while the gameplay is also getting more and more dated. The only thing they really have left that’s unparalleled is exploration, if we consider Midfield a one-off since it’s a new IP

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Only 3 hours? Wtf happened to Bethesda? Starfield just feels generic and uninspiring. It lacks any character or charm. Just vanilla & 'G' rated. It was incredibly difficult to come off of Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty and hop into Starfield. I'll likely pick it up down the line, but even the mods aren't compelling me to do so anytime soon, and Bethesda games have been my holiday comfort go to since Oblivion dropped.

I can't blame Microsoft alone because they haven't been the same since Fallout 4, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting Shattered Space to be received better than it has been.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Only 3 hours? Wtf happened to Bethesda? Starfield just feels generic and uninspiring. It lacks any character or charm. Just vanilla & 'G' rated. It was incredibly difficult to come off of Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty and hop into Starfield. I'll likely pick it up down the line, but even the mods aren't compelling me to do so anytime soon, and Bethesda games have been my holiday comfort go to since Oblivion dropped.

I can't blame Microsoft alone because they haven't been the same since Fallout 4, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting Shattered Space to be received better than it has been.
shyt started with shyt like nuka world dlc.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would argue CDPR is >>>>>> larian lore n story wise. 2077 at its final state is far far more immersive than bg3 which dare I say it bored me :manny:

shytfield does not need to be mentioned at all. It does nothing good beyond waste time
I was tryna keep my personal feelings out of it too much, since I kinda forced my way through BG3 as I rarely fw turn-based combat in the first place. Basically Pokemon (as a kid) and Persona (now) is it :lolbron: But I can objectively see the appeal, and can’t deny the impact

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GZCwwZ0XYAAYrAD

GZCwwgdXAAAdeSU