Starfield Low-Key Looks Like The Greatest Game Of All Time

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
r
Time=/=quality.

I could play and beat OG Resident Evil 2 in a few hours and rather play that over and over than say sink in dozens of hours into a mediocre game that's long.
Nobody sitting up playing a game they don’t like for 100s of hours.

If a game can engage you that long, that’s almost always a good thing and an enjoyable experience.

Not to say all games need to be that long. But some games have you keep coming back for more no matter how long the playtime is.

Movie games are pretty much one and done. Nothing really deep to master or explore and you’ve already seen the story, no need to go back.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody sitting up playing a game they don’t like for 100s of hours.
I didn't mention anything about liking a game or not, I just said time is not equal to quality. Just because you put in a long time to a game doesn't make it better than a shorter game.

If a game can engage you that long, that’s almost always a good thing and an enjoyable experience.
Playing a game throughout that time to completion and/or being engaged the entire time isn't the same thing. If that was the case then one can say for example FFXIV is automatically the best FF game ever because it can take up to 200 hours to beat and FFVII is "only" 35 ish hours long.

Not to say all games need to be that long. But some games have you keep coming back for more no matter how long the playtime is.

Movie games are pretty much one and done. Nothing really deep to master or explore and you’ve already seen the story, no need to go back.
A well done "movie game" that was engaging and high quality for 18~25+ hours>>>>>>>70+ hour long medicore game with "tons to see!"

Uncharted 2 which was about 12 hours is still one of my most memorable games of all time and I've replayed it over and over despite having already "seen" the story.

Assassin's Creed Origins which I enjoyed was about 50~80 hours for me doesn't hold a candle to shorter "movie" games like God of War Ragnarok or TLOU 2 even though it's twice as long.

Something "Deep to master" isn't a prerequisite for a game being enjoyable and or memorable. There was nothing "deep" to master or explore in some of the best games of all time e.g. Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 4, SOTC, God of War etc. They just were excellent ass games that even if short was replayable because it was enjoyable.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn't mention anything about liking a game or not, I just said time is not equal to quality. Just because you put in a long time to a game doesn't make it better than a shorter game.

Playing a game throughout that time to completion and/or being engaged the entire time isn't the same thing. If that was the case then one can say for example FFXIV is automatically the best FF game ever because it can take up to 200 hours to beat and FFVII is "only" 35 ish hours long.

A well done "movie game" that was engaging and high quality for 18~25+ hours>>>>>>>70+ hour long medicore game with "tons to see!"

Uncharted 2 which was about 12 hours is still one of my most memorable games of all time and I've replayed it over and over despite having already "seen" the story.

Assassin's Creed Origins which I enjoyed was about 50~80 hours for me doesn't hold a candle to shorter "movie" games like God of War Ragnarok or TLOU 2 even though it's twice as long.

I guess hi fi rush ain’t a great game since its only 12 hours long :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No one said it was. You are arguing with yourself here :ehh:
Still arguing with yourself here :ehh:
No games are actually 70 hours long.

People make it to those high playtime numbers because the game keeps them engaged that long.

People don’t put in 70 hours into a game like Spider-man cause there’s nothing to keep them engaged that long.
Game had multiplayer which kept people engaged far beyond the story :ehh:
AC origins is not 50-80 hours to complete. People might have put that much time in cause they stayed engaged with the game that long.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
While you were making hate threads and struggle-playing No Man’s Sky & Fallout 4 to get your fix, we were exploring the stars:umad:

IMG-3315.jpg

And I know there’s at least 3 other posters in the starfield thread with more playtime than me

we know you actually playing the game since you haven't been all up in the Starfield Joke Thread Deflecting and plea coppin...unlike "others" :mjpls:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes 10hrs game - 6hr cutscenes = 4hrs actual gameplay for $70 is wild though

Possibly a good game but definitely Scam of a Generation :wow:

The value proposition is wild compared to what some other games offer. But that’s why sony stan’s still slumming around with discs. They buy these shyts and play for the weekend then go trade them back in :hhh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So now games should be rated based on how long they are. Got it.

:mjlol:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
I get the strangest feeling all you Xsharts dropped Shartfield after no more than 20 hours, MAX. I'd be reeeeal interested to see screenshots of your time played, with your coli username and today's date written on a piece of paper. Just for research purposes :jbhmm:
@surf

Tell him how many hours you spent on GOATField?

Surf is nonpartisan

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is coming from the people that said their biggest game of the year takes at least 15 hours to get good and that you should speed run through it to get to the good parts
Nobody said any of that but the twitter cacs you follow. People actually playing the game rejected this nonsense a long time ago.