Star Wars Visions (September 22nd on Disney+)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:why: People actually liked this enough to bring it back?
I thought even the 'good' episodes were forgettable.
It's just animated shorts, it's forgettable on purpose because it's one-offs.

If they adapted any of these into real animated series you'd quickly see how fast these would gain popularity

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This is probably not a popular take, but I think THIS was the most disappointing of all the Star Wars shows.
I expected it to be like "The Animatrix", but it felt like fan fiction written by people who didn't really understand the original.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
damn I confused this with Tales of the Jedi. That was fire..the first season of this was just okay. Still watching though.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
This is probably not a popular take, but I think THIS was the most disappointing of all the Star Wars shows.
I expected it to be like "The Animatrix", but it felt like fan fiction written by people who didn't really understand the original.

It's called "Visions" for a reason. Selected studios were invited to give their take on a legendary IP, not necessarily to contribute to canon.

And with that said, The Ninth Jedi episode did more in 22 minutes to expand on the lore - and possibilities - of Star Wars than anything the Disney trilogy ever could. Lightsabers designed to show the colors reflecting the wielder's connection to the Force, adjustable saber lengths(that opens up lightsaber fights a LOT from a swordsmanship standpoint), a child character who has actual demonstrable talent and not just Mary Sue tEhfOrCeiSfEmalE pablum...that studio took Lucasfilm back to school, essentially. You could flesh out that one ep into an anime-styled series you'd have an easy winner on your hands.

But of course...Disney.