Star Wars Visions (September 22nd on Disney+)

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
This was underwhelming for the most part for me. I thought "The Elder" was pretty good though. 9th Jedi was okay too, the fighting scenes at least.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Some solid ideas in this...but then, this is Disney. They already have an entire Extended Universe's worth of ideas just sitting in the tank. Idea harvesting is just the M.O.

The band thing I could ignore, the Japanese fascination with everything robot/mecha is meh, but the damn talk-no-jutsu in space is just laughable.
The unquestioned redeeming factor in all this: you can't ever underestimate with studios outta Nippon on the quality of the fight scenes when they put their minds to it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This was amazing. I'm pretty sure the Tobi android in Ep.6 was voiced by Goku :banderas:

Episode 1 was fukking great and perfect as the intro for the series.

Ep. 2 was the most kid friendly but I actually liked them going for a new take. Jabba being a fukked up music producer makes sense to me :heh:

Ep. 3 probably the most "generic" in terms of Star Wars, cool animation though.

Ep. 4 was fukking beautiful :mjcry:

Ep. 5 was flames, would LOVE to see a series made out of this one.

Ep. 6 started as the weakest but I ended up loving it.

Ep. 7 holy fukking shyt :ohlawd: another one I'd kill to get a series out of.

Ep. 8 was cool, I think I would've liked it even better if didn't have to follow ep.7

Ep. 9 a powerful ending :wow: and that soundtrack was incredible

Off topic but Amazon has NO excuse to not give Invincible top notch animation going forward :ufdup:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
What I was expecting to see with something like Genndy's 2D animated version of Clone Wars, with even more exaggerated Jedi superheroics. Something not "in canon", but that could be a "Legend" among people living in the canonical Star Wars universe.

But
:unimpressed:It's basically a "skin" of Star Wars IP over stories that have almost nothing to do with Star Wars.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
2/3/9 were the weakest 3/9 weren't as bad as two but they were "generic anime star wars" as hell nothing really standout about them

I knew how 9 was gonna end after the first 2min

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished this up and overall I enjoyed it :ehh:

A lot of the stories were pretty basic, but I liked the different art styles. I agree it would be could to see some of these stretched out to a full season.