Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
The OG trilogies are pointless now because Anakin's redemption arc doesn't mean shyt now that there more "chosen one" nonsense and the fact some fukkboy named Snoke (:mjlol:) can amass such a huge army without ANYONE giving a shyt besides another rebel force. :russ:

The prequels have always been pointless, and they take away from the originals way more than they help them

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
bro, they dont excite me at all, its just flashy lasers and movin jets :yeshrug:

Snyder Set gives us conflict :wow:
You can't say something is all flash and and say snyder gives you conflict. That's all those DC movies are is bells and whistles. Not one line in there is even more memorable than "that's no moon." There's levels to Star Wars and the relationships among characters it tackles. DC can't even tackle the joker and Harley relationship correctly

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Main thing that always fukked up the Star Wars lore is Lucas throwing in that midi-chlorians BS to explain the Force. :shaq2:

The lore of the originals got dumped on by the prequels.

Darth Vader is now Space Jesus, lived on Tattooine, built C3PO, is a whiny creeper

Yoda flipping around with a mini lightsaber and being completely useless. The jedi council being completely useless. Having a jedi council in the universe's capital. No sex rule.

Obi-wan hiding Luke in Darth Vader's home town dressed like a jedi, instead of just wearing desert hermit clothes. Uncle Owen isn't blood-related to anybody now.

Nobody remembers C3PO or R2D2, especially Obi-Wan. R2 used to be able to fly apparently

The Emperor having a lightsaber. Everyone has a lightsaber. The rule of 2

Leia remembers her mom, but really she died during labour.

@Darth Humanist explain how it's nonsense

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Obi-wan hiding Luke in Darth Vader's home town dressed like a jedi, instead of just wearing desert hermit clothes.
This is your only point with any validity.

Regarding Vader, it was on the other side of Tatooine, in Mos Espa. Still it was his home planet. However Tatooine is the source of Vader's rage and pain as Anakin Skywalker, an identity he wanted to obliterate. After his transformation, Tatooine is the last place in the galaxy he would desire to visit.

Darth Vader is now Space Jesus, is a whiny creeper
If this is the extent of your assessment of Anakin, I don't even know where to begin.

The jedi council being completely useless.

How exactly were they useless? I assume you're referring to the Council not uncovering Sidious until it was too late. There are several pieces of lore which make this completely understandable.

Having a jedi council in the universe's capital.
Yes.....and? In some eras the Jedi have operated with isolated and remote academies spread across the galaxy, in this particular era they wanted to centralize operations on Coruscant and have a direct role in shaping the Republic. Again, there are pieces of lore that explain their reasoning.

Leia remembers her mom, but really she died during labour.

There is no conflict; either she is referring to Breha Organa, or due to her aptitude with the Force was able to sense Padme.

No sex rule.
Wrong. The Order was opposed to the attachments that may eventuate from a sexual relationship, and trained Jedi to control their attachments, but there was no rule barring sex. And this fact about the prequel era will provide an interesting contrast when a new Jedi Order is created with a different approach in mind.

Nobody remembers C3PO or R2D2, especially Obi-Wan.
If you're referring to Owen not recognizing C3PO, he had silver plating when owned by the Lars, and there are countless protocol droids in the galaxy.
If you're referring to Obi-Wan and R2, his look and "hello there my little friend" can easily be interpreted as recognition.
if you're referring to Yoda, and R2, why would Yoda reveal knowing R2 while in the midst of pretending to be a swamp hermit?

The Emperor having a lightsaber. Everyone has a lightsaber. The rule of 2. lived on Tattooine, built C3PO

All you've done here is list information about the Prequels, and failed to provide any reasoning as to why they detract from the OT. Regardless, the Rule of Two was a fascinating piece of lore and adds history to the Sith and dark side.

You're acting as if the OT should be treated as the entirety of Star Wars; when the lore and potential of the franchise actually go far beyond it.

Actually nevermind, you're obviously right, the prequels completely break the fabric of the Star Wars universe with irreconcilable issues like

R2 used to be able to fly apparently
Uncle Owen isn't blood-related to anybody now.
Yoda flipping around with a mini lightsaber

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Whole lot of Juelzing going on there @Darth Humanist. Especially that Leia and Tattooine shyt.

You clearly haven't watched the OT in ages if you don't get why things like the Emperor having a lightsaber, or Yoda flipping around attacking people, goes against their character.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Whole lot of Juelzing going on there @Darth Humanist. Especially that Leia and Tattooine shyt.

You clearly haven't watched the OT in ages if you don't get why things like the Emperor having a lightsaber, or Yoda flipping around attacking people, goes against their character.
I offered a plausible explanation regarding Leia's memory and Obi-Wan's decision to hide Luke on Tatooine. You've failed to provide any reason as to why these are major issues.

I watched the OT very recently. All it goes against is your perception of their character. :yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
@Darth Humanist tell us more, we're intrigued :jbhmm:

full

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok after the force friday Snoke looks like a fukkin star trek character. The new elite guards look like some dope bushido samauris and i hope they get to do work instead of just standing around. Kylo ren got himself a full cape so i guess he fully trained in the dark arts now and ready to put in work

:ohhh:

Disney all about moving merchandise tho instead of a story i see because they got a new evil bb robot and some furry lil fukker that i guess is the new ewoks of this story. Kylo got a new ship and they got new At-Ats

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Ok after the force friday Snoke looks like a fukkin star trek character. The new elite guards look like some dope bushido samauris and i hope they get to do work instead of just standing around. Kylo ren got himself a full cape so i guess he fully trained in the dark arts now and ready to put in work

Disney all about moving merchandise tho instead of a story i see because they got a new evil bb robot and some furry lil fukker that i guess is the new ewoks of this story. Kylo got a new ship and they got new At-Ats

Did you expect Disney to not milk this shyt after the amount of money they spent buying it :skip:

I do find the new designs uninspired.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you expect Disney to not milk this shyt after the amount of money they spent buying it :skip:

I do find the new designs uninspired.

Of course and they are going to make way more than they spent off merchandising alone im just dreading my kids wanting this this and that after watching this shyt come december. Christmas is gonna hurt

:mjcry: