Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That makes no sense :mjlol: they don't like it because of an opinion so how can they have concrete fact :gucci:

I'll make it simple for someone like you to be able to understand.

People that don't like the film are stating factual things that happened in the movie that they don't like.

People that like the film are stating that the people's reason for not liking the movie are invalid due to fanboyism.

You can have an opinion BASED on facts.

Example 1: I don't like TLJ because I didn't like that Luke died in the end. (Factual bases)

Example 2: "You guys didn't like TFA because it was too safe, now you don't like TLJ because it's too different. You fanboys don't know what you want." (Opinionated/Preconceived notion)

Whether the movie was good it bad you can't win that argument because its subjective in most cases.

It's very ironic how this is all playing out on social media.

People that didn't like the film are being called fanboys and having their opinion dismissed yet the people that liked the movie feel like THEY are the ones being PERSONALLY attacked for liking this movie just because others don't feel the same way as they do. Which in turn shows a hint of insecurity and doubt that maybe just maybe all this people that didn't like the movie may have some valid points.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I'll make it simple for someone like you to be able to understand.

People that don't like the film are stating factual things that happened in the movie that they don't like.

People that like the film are stating that the people's reason for not liking the movie are invalid due to fanboyism.

You can have an opinion BASED on facts.

Example 1: I don't like TLJ because I didn't like that Luke died in the end. (Factual bases)

Example 2: "You guys didn't like TFA because it was too safe, now you don't like TLJ because it's too different. You fanboys don't know what you want." (Opinionated/Preconceived notion)

Whether the movie was good it bad you can't win that argument because its subjective in most cases.

It's very ironic how this is all playing out on social media.

People that didn't like the film are being called fanboys and having their opinion dismissed yet the people that liked the movie feel like THEY are the ones being PERSONALLY attacked for liking this movie just because others don't feel the same way as they do. Which in turn shows a hint of insecurity and doubt that maybe just maybe all this people that didn't like the movie may have some valid points.
But you act like one is concrete while the other isn't. An opinion of an opinion is now a lesser opinion?

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Finn wasn't PAWGin. Rey friendzoned his ass like a motherfukker. :heh:

That's ultimately my biggest problem with this movie. Finn serves NO purpose. His whole subplot with Rose amounted to absolutely nothing in the context of the rest of the film, and should have been cut out. That was just an hour of wasted time.

Apparently they were gonna kill Poe Dameron in The Force Awakens until Oscar Isaac begged them not to, and Finn's role was supposed to be what Poe's role was in this movie, and it shows. Poe acts like a hotheaded dumbass for most of this movie, then Finn does when he wants to destroy the cannon on the salt planet, and it would have made sense because Finn didn't have that type of military training or expertise. Plus he would have been so hotheaded because he was trying to try anything to get back to Rey.

Speaking of which, whatever they plan on doing with Finn and Rey, the need to end that shyt immediately in the next film. I don't want a drawn out "Let's be friends" talk, or some stupid love triangle with Rose, just end it. This nikka really woke up from a fukking coma like, "Where da white women at? Where's Rey?" Like damn, nikka, she ain't even let you hit. :dahell: And before she told Chewbacca to send that message to him, I was like, Rey is not thinking about this dude at all.

I was trying to defend Finn after Force Awakens, but this dude is one of the most disappointing characters ever. :snoop:
Finn is pretty much "Ron Weasley" status:francis: