Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The prequels are canon, breh. Literally, medi-chlorians were supposed to be a scientific explanation as to why some people have powers with the force and some don't. And saying "
May the Force Be With You" is no different than saying "Godspeed" or "Good Luck". You can say it and have no real belief in the Force at all.

Breh, for the better part of the series the vast majority of Jedi action is done by a Skywalker. Even Luke talks about knowing of his own hubris, and reviving the Jedi simply because he "was Luke Skywalker". He goes on further to quip "to say when a Jedi dies, the Light dies is Vanity". Dude off the rip is talking about the Jedi and their obsession with their own narrative. A closed off cloister of people who withheld their teachings from all but a few. And HUNDREDS of Jedi is a bunch? In a WHOLE GALAXY of hundreds of BILLIONS?...remember Order 66 killed of most of them in a matter of days/weeks. There MUCH more than hundreds of force-sensitive people.

And did you watch the movie or just skim through it? Luke closed himself off from the Force because HUBRIS brought him to a point where he thought it would be a good course of action to kill his own nephew. He was shook of himself, shook of where his own arrogance took him. Instead of caring for Ben like he should have, he stood over him ready to kill even if only for a moment. This one event causes Han to split and Leia to totally focus in on the Resistance. Smaller shyt has broken up actual families.

Lastly, nostalgia is good up to a point. This film is a prime example, again this is STATED in the film. Luke talks about legends and how heroes that become legends basically end up sucking their own dikks. To Rian that's what Star Wars became. A legendary IP that spent too much time being in love with its own lore and not taking any chances, this is especially true of TFA.

So what they did was remind people that the old MUST die for the new to thrive. Just as Qui-Gon died and Obi-Wan rose. You were a sucker for thinking that ANY of the big three were to survive the new trilogy. Just like people were foolish to think Mace Windu was going to survive the Prequels.

Also, remember Finn, Poe and Rey were NEVER going to mean to you what Luke, Han and Leia did....but to the kids coming up now. To the little kid force pulling the broom at the end of the film, they WILL.

The second movie has to be godly good to get kids to like it.
To the point if you fukk up star wars.
Why would a kid even give a fukk afterwards like why or how and star wars is how all this shyt got marketed period.

Just the fact Disney never had nuffin of this magnitude shows too.
As real talk,...even they are not prepared for the magnitude of what this fukk up is

Art Barr

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
If Leia can fly and survive space using The Force. How come no one else could do it?
Well there's nothing in the previous films to show someone can't do it :yeshrug:
What other force user has been blown out of their ship into space? But her daddy did fly 3,000 ft down through Coruscant and land on a car with no issues

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Just saw the movie and I thought it was ok. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but I know the continuity enough. The MGTOW type crowd probably will be pissed because women play large roles in this.

The whole time I was waiting for Ren and Rey to finally fukk but I guess that will come in the next movie.

Finn.:mjpls:

Was shocked at what happened to Snoke. That was unexpected.

My PAWG Captain Phasma :mjcry:

Rose was pissing me off the whole movie. I was just waiting for them to kill her off but got disappointed. :francis:

The movie seemed to drag way too long.

I wonder how they will explain Leia's absence in the next film since Fisher is dead now.

Yoda trolling Luke. :mjlol:

Will Lando finally make an appearance?!:stopitslime:

Brehs explain to me about Snoke? Is he a former Jedi or what? How exactly did he come to power since the Empire was defeated in episode six.

Last edited:

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
Just saw this movie and........

IT FUKKKING SUCKS! :why:They've been building up Snoke as this mysterious villain and then they just kill him off with no explanation of who or what he is or how he came to power. :snoop: Kylo and Rey romance? Are you fukking serious? He just killed his father( who was your mentor) in front of you and she supposedly know has the hots for him. That level of bad writing is unforgivable.

:dahell: But the absolute worst of the worst was how Luke Skywalker was portrayed. :scusthov:They literally made him out to be a bigger bytch then Finn was in the Force Awakens and he by far has the absolute worst death scene of a iconic character in film history. This film is utter garbage and :hubie:I'm glad I'm done with the series so I won't even have to imagine what huge pile of dogshyt Episode 9 will be.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I'm seeing some of the fans argue that 'anyone can be a Jedi now'?

Did the movie really suggest that? I don't think it did, but then again this was a very confusing movie.

Can someone enlighten me as to what these people are trying to say?

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Anybody heard about another movie set between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens? Seems like it could explain a lot, starting with who the helll is Snoke and where did he come from.