Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Daps
It was obvious to anyone paying attention, but unfortunately there are people who will criticize you just for pointing it out.
Some people are sensitive/defensive and would rather their agendas not even be discussed or debated. Similar to how the far right doesn't want their beliefs debated or even mentioned because it might stop it. Crazy how the Horseshoe theory works.:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Star Wars is back!

popcorn_2.gif

On first watch this was great. We saw it at the IMAX in 2D which I prefer to 3D. It was a beautiful looking film. So many classic moments. This is not a retread of another Star Wars flick at all. It's a little long but it needed to be.

Brehs....
Kylo and Rey teaming against Snoke's goons was some crazy shyt! Maybe my favorite action sequence of the entire series

Everybody in that bih was :gladbron:

Obviously the other moment was
Luke brushin that shyt off like :manny:

I thought Finn was given more to do here too. I'll go back and read the thread but I think Finn definitely came into his own. :ehh:

Crazy movie. Slow in parts but it's very entertaining almost all the way through and again Rian Johnson brought something new to the table. This shyt was legit and gritty too. :salute:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Now that I’m thinking about, another reason people might be pissed is because of all the trailers.

You have to get to theater early enough to get a seat but then have to deal with commercials and almost 30 minutes of trailers.

My movie time was 10:00 but I swear the opening crawl didnt start until like 10:35

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
just got back...first impressions...its good but it could've been cut down by at least 30 minutes...
opening was cool, the gag about holding the line was a little corny
leia literally forcing herself to life was....:comeon:Granted I've never read the EU material, so I personally don't know the full power of what the force can do...but that shyt as cringy.

Finn and the asian gremlin was an okay pair...a little too much fodder though.

them lil bird things were okay, got a little annoying

the constant force convos got old, especially when they tried to play it up w/ little jokes.

glad they didn't reveal her parents to be skywalkers or related.

The whole thing about tailing the cruiser and just let it run out of gas felt like fukking speed or die hard 2...

luke a straight up a$$hole :heh:

could've done w/o the yoda cameo...think it would've been more powerful if luke figured it out for himself.

Luke force ghosting himself in the battle was :krs:

the kylo/rey battle was pretty nice, and I knew snokes would bite the bullet

Really wonder how they gonna proceed since carrie fisher is dead

they played the comedy up a little bit too much

Overall solid...but had its shortcomings.

I'd give Rogue One the W overall out of the new flicks so far

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie as a separate entity in the universe is cool. If it was an episode of Rebels, it would've been liked. However, this is supposed to be a continuation of the main series, and in that, it fails. It's not even a good sequel. It ignores everything in TFA.

Everyone's problems with TFA is that it doesn't advance the story and is a complete rehash of EpI. But it IS a love letter to Lucas. JJ is a fan. Rian doesn't seem to be.
Lowkey worse then force awakens imo:yeshrug:. I agree when watching it, I was thinking it felt like a rebels episode.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After my 2nd viewing in imax i like it more besides the Leia space ghost scene. A lot of things are exlained and not spoon fed especially lukes part about cutting himself off from the force so he couldnt be found and asking her did she expect him to go out there alone in front of an army with a saber. I know the EU fans probably took that as a jab and said fukk this movie right there.

Also the slow space chase explained that the tie fighters dont fly too far away from the star destroyer so thats why they aint just tear they asses up.

the books were in the falcon at the end so Rey will take what luke told her and them to start training a new type of force user like the grey jedi since she got some anger in her ass and hopefully finn learns with her and stop falling so damn much.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
am i the only one that was taken aback by the astonishing lack of MEN leading the resistance? aside from poe and finn (who is a beta male himself)... i don't think there were any other notable male characters.

i mean i know it's 2017 and 'yay for diversity'... but do you truly think we'll ever see the day where military forces are dominantly comprised of women? OLD women? did this not ring insanely false for anyone else?

i think back to the war room scene in ANH when they're going over the attack on the death star... it felt like an actual war room... with soldiers... and pilots. it felt real.

meanwhile the resistance got the fukkin golden girls leading the charge and they wonder why they're losing the war.

:laff: