Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was very well done. Good blend of old & new. Story was lacking a bit, and shyt was overly convenient sometimes. I wish they added 30-40 minutes of screen time to flesh out scenes and scenarios more. More backstory with Rey, and more initial depth to Finns decision to leave the Republic

I thought Kylo Ren was a good villain, but still very green, which they showed. He is certainly no Darth Vader, hopefully he is more imposing moving forward

Boyega is a very great natural actor, nothing seems forced from him. Hes definitely taking over the Han Solo mantle, and its in good hands

Im expecting episode 8 to be darker and have more depth but overall this was a great start to the new story.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was very well done. Good blend of old & new. Story was lacking a bit, and shyt was overly convenient sometimes. I wish they added 30-40 minutes of screen time to flesh out scenes and scenarios more. More backstory with Rey, and more initial depth to Finns decision to leave the Republic

I thought Kylo Ren was a good villain, but still very green, which they showed. He is certainly no Darth Vader, hopefully he is more imposing moving forward

Boyega is a very great natural actor, nothing seems forced from him. Hes definitely taking over the Han Solo mantle, and its in good hands

Im expecting episode 8 to be darker and have more depth but overall this was a great start to the new story.
I'm sayin', this movie would've had to have been 3+ hours to fully flesh everything out and we all know everyone would bytch about that. So we have to wait for VIII now :ehh: Rian Johnson has a lot to live up to :lupe:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
This shyt was so dope:wow:

Finn was that nikka:russ:. Poe was tight too, cant wait to see more of him in Rogue Squadron

Rey is a great successor to Luke:ehh:. Liked that she was badass while still being slightly dorky

Kylo Renn was a less experienced Vader but i liked that alot. cant wait to see him develop

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Jjc7EDV.jpg

diE6bMT.jpg

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I have transcribed it from the novel. I have not included some of the longer bits that merely provide emotions and whatnot. I got right to the meat of it.

He met her eyes steadily. "We've lost our son, forever." Leia bit her lower lip, refusing to concede. "No. It was Snoke." Han drew back slightly. "Snoke?"

She nodded. "He knew our child would be strong with the Force. That he was born with equal potential for good or evil."

"You knew this from the beginning? Why didn't you tell me?"

She sighed. "Many reasons. I was hoping that I was wrong, that it wasn't true. I hoped I could sway him, turn him away from the dark side, without having to involve you."

[SNIP]

"I thought I could shield him from Snoke's influence and you from what was happening."

[SNIP]

He had trouble believing what he was hearing. "So Snoke was watching our son."

"Always," she told him. "From the shadows, in the beginning, even before I realized what was happening, he was manipulating everything, pulling our son toward the dark side."

Edit: One more thing, the words "Knights of Ren" are mentioned ONLY once in the book. That tells you how important they are. They are only mentioned by Snoke, when he calls Kylo "Master of the Knights of Ren." That is all.

Edit 2: OMG, there is so much more context in the book. Lor does indeed know Kylo and Kylo knows him too, calling him a "soldier of fortune." During the meeting between Lor and Poe, the former is described as having many adventures and having done a lot and seen a lot." This is no ordinary guy!!

Also, unlike the movie, Poe is captured because he runs to save Lor. My hero Poe!

During the village massacre, Finn (still a trooper) makes it clear that the stormtroopers never see Kylo because of how he reacts. He describes him as "it" and is surprised at his powers.

And the most important (thus far in the book) part of the book for me sheds light on the FO. They are a very new threat. This is from Rey's POV, but very few people know anything about them. The whispers and rumors are just staring.

Edit 3: Kylo suspects that Rey is "her" but he actually only realizes and confirms it during their duel in the snowy forest. As they both struggle to free the light saber from the snow and when it suddenly becomes loose, flying by Kylo into Rey's hand, he says "It IS you."